Chapter 117

Lennox, having hastily returned to the mansion, frowned slightly.

“Juliet?”

He briskly climbed the stairs.

Without a word to him, or to the knights of the duchy knights, Juliet had returned from the ballroom to the mansion.

There was a commotion as people searched for her whereabouts.

“The lady has already returned,” the butler reported, but it didn’t ease his anger.

Lennox found Juliet in a bedroom on the second floor of the mansion.

“What are you doing here?”

The lights were not turned on. She had vanished without a word, again causing concern. And it wasn’t even her bedroom she was in but his.

He paused for a moment at the door, glaring at Juliet, assuming that nothing but harsh words would come out.

When he realized Juliet had disappeared from the ballroom, he was beside himself.

The door to the terrace was wide open. White curtains flapped wildly.

“Duke.”

Juliet, who had been sitting on the railing of the terrace, turned to look at him.

“Come down.”

“Why?”

“Damn it. It’s dangerous.”

Seeing her precariously seated, Lennox approached quickly to pull her down, extending his hand.

However, Juliet just stared blankly at his hand, then looked away again.

“Your Highness.”

Barefoot, without even a robe on, Juliet was dressed in a short negligee, revealing her calves.

“The moon is beautiful.”

Her dress fluttered in the wind.

The moment Juliet flicked her ankle while sitting on the railing, he felt a surge of frustration. The bright full moon seemed eerily beautiful.

“I get it. Come down.”

Unable to restrain himself any longer, Lennox forcibly pulled Juliet down.

With his strong grip, Juliet obediently came down from the railing.

However, as Juliet staggered and pushed him, they both fell.

“…Did you drink?”

He felt a mix of exasperation and also the need to immerse her in a warm bath immediately.

Her body was cold.

But as Lennox tried to lift her up, wrapping his arm around the back of her head, he hesitated.

Juliet clung to him like an animal trembling from the cold.

“Lennox.”

“Why.”

“Have I ever told you I love you?”

For a moment, it felt as if his heart had stopped.

That statement was a taboo between them.

Juliet, breaking the silence of years, asked with her calm eyes:

“If I say I love you, what will you do for me?”

“…What do you want?”

Lennox hoped his voice didn’t sound too eager, but his touch betrayed his greed.