Chapter 115

Jude abruptly halted and swiftly pinpointed the direction from which the noise emanated.

“…What should we do, Miss Juliet?”

Jude’s eyes twinkled with curiosity as he asked. Reluctantly, Juliet nodded.

“Let’s go.”

No sooner had she spoken than Jude pulled her along, rushing towards the rear palace where the scream was heard.

Of course, they were still within the imperial palace, so neither of them expected a severe situation.

“Help me!”

Juliet, dragged a bit by the escort knight, tripped onto the palace’s rear garden grass. The sight before her was somewhat absurd.

It was a cliched scene.

A graceful young lady was being surrounded and held by the wrists by a few gentlemen who clearly looked like trouble.

‘But this is the imperial palace?’

It was clearly suspicious.

“Are you alright, my lady?”

But before Juliet could intervene, the courteous escort knight had already darted forward.

Jude quickly took down the hooligans who were mocking the frail young lady.

“Ugh!”

“We’ll see about this!”

The frightened young lady was rescued, and the men who had been taunting her threw out some clichéd lines before scampering off. It all felt so theatrical that Juliet considered giving them applause.

“Thank you… How can I ever repay this kindness…”

“Are you alright?”

However, the tearful young lady was a face Juliet recognized.

‘Dolores?’

She was the new wife of Marquis Guinness, whom Juliet had seen in the south a few days ago.

“Huh?”

Dolores seemed to recognize Juliet as well.

“Ah, hello, my lady.”

“Yes.”

Juliet observed Dolores closely. Outside, Dolores appeared frail and naive.

“Is she your friend?”

“We’ve met in the south.”

“Yes, that’s right! I didn’t think you’d remember me.”

Dolores said shyly.

“What are you doing here?”

“Ah… I wanted to give a wedding gift to Her Highness the Crown Princess.”

Dolores showed a small box she was holding.

Only then did Juliet realize why Marquis Guinness, whom she had met in the south a few days ago, had said, ‘I’ll see you in the capital.’

Of course, a figure like Marquis Guinness would attend the Crown Prince’s wedding.

“But they said non-nobles can’t enter the salon of the Crown Princess.”

Dolores said, looking a bit downcast.

“So you had a run-in with those guys?”

“Yes, when they learned that I’m not a noble, they tried to drag me away.”