chapter 44

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 44

As soon as Juliet learned about all the ins and outs, Zachary apologized over and over again.

With Juliet deliberately standing quietly with her arms folded, he awkwardly made unasked-for explanations.

Although it may not have been his intention, it was quite helpful in understanding the situation.

He said that the townspeople who had promised to give her a job had changed their minds overnight due to the machinations of her uncles.

Shocked by his words, Juliet asked.

“Why?”

Surprisingly, Zachary, with a deflated face, honestly replied to what had happened.

“They threatened me not to exploit their niece, whom they met after decades, by making her do paperwork or cleaning desks in the library.”

What was more surprising was the position of the home tutor for Zachary’s daughter, which Zachary had suggested to Juliet when he was flustered yesterday.

Zachary’s daughter, Lisbell, was a child with lovable chubby cheeks.

“Sister!”

Lisbell, despite seeing Juliet for the first time, snuggled up to her well.

“You shouldn’t cuddle with anyone for a snack, Lisbell.”

Even as she said this, Juliet tightly hugged Lisbell.

Children’s body temperature is higher than adults’, making them warm, soft, and even sweet-smelling. Plus, they become happy with just one cookie. Children are so small and cute.

With her small hands and mouths, her fidgeting was so fascinating that Juliet handed Lisbell a third cookie and asked her.

“Lisbell, how old are you?”

Lisbell confidently shouted, spreading all five fingers of her right hand.

“Three years old!”

So cute!

Juliet hugged Lisbell tightly. On the other hand, Zachary’s idea was so absurd that it made her want to cry.

What? A home tutor? Teaching her how to write?

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you in advance. But the elder insisted on it…”

Zachary, who had been watching his daughter’s charm with a contented look, quickly lowered his eyebrows and made as pitiful a face as possible when his gaze met Juliet’s, which was blowing cold wind.

Although the past week felt like she was suddenly dropped in the middle of a play, in fact, Juliet didn’t care much.

What bothered her was something else…

“What? That’s Aunt Lillian’s daughter?”

Juliet looked in the direction where the voice was heard.

“Ha! Is it possible for her to appear all of a sudden without any news in the meantime? She must definitely be up to something!”

Red hair that is impressive no matter when you see it.

That is, it was the crazy guy Juliet had run into on the carriage to Lobell a few days ago.

‘I should have recognized it from the moment I saw all the red hair.’

His name was Teo Lebatan, sadly, the second son of Juliet’s great-uncle, Isaac Lebatan. They said he was the youngest among Lionel’s grandchildren.

Teo talked loudly enough for the whole mansion to hear, turned his head, and walked straight toward Juliet, who was holding Lisbell.