Chapter 88

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 88

“I… I didn’t mean it that way, Grand Duchess Ilena.”

“Is that so?”

As the man from earlier sheepishly apologized, Grand Duchess Ilena’s eyebrow twitched upward.

“Come to think of it, aren’t you the son of Baron Austin?”

“Yes, that’s correct.”

“A while ago, wasn’t Baron Austin caught in the act of having an affair? Didn’t your mother say anything about the peace of the household?”

“… I… I should leave first!”

The man, publicly pointed out for his family’s shame, hastily got up and left the salon.

Winter was a long and quiet season.

While the young nobles held small salons here and there in the capital, for the older noblewomen, there weren’t any significant events after the New Year’s ball.

“I didn’t know there was such a salon.”

“Young people are smart, they come up with fun ideas!”

Countess Labonnet invited two more of her friends, and they in turn invited their friends.

The original intention of the Blooming Salon was this, but the people who actually planned to invite Juliet and mock her couldn’t hide their shocked faces.

Soon, the control of the salon naturally shifted their way.

“The division of the estate…”

“We need concrete evidence…”

By the time the salon was ending, the average age of the guests had risen significantly.

“It’s been a while since I’ve been out like this.”

“We should gather like this more often!”

From then on, until the salon ended, Juliet wasn’t the subject of discussion.

In the midst of prominent social figures chatting, Juliet smiled quietly.

On one hand, it was a show of the intact influence of the Monad family’s connections and a subtle warning.

‘This should be enough for now.’

Juliet smiled slyly.

The hosts of today’s salon were the ones who harassed the servants of the Count’s house. For the time being, they wouldn’t dare to summon Juliet or harass her servants.

If they dare label her as the ‘abandoned woman’ again, they would face the wrath of the noblewomen present.

She exited the venue. On her way out, Juliet encountered someone who had been standing in front earlier.

“You…”

Fatima stood there, glaring at Juliet resentfully.

“Juliet Monad.”

“Your Highness, Princess Fatima.”

“Do you realize what you’ve done? You ruined my first official salon!”

“…Ruined?”

Juliet furrowed her brow.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Juliet pointed to a large window displaying the guests.

“They are all respectable people. Befriending them would help, not harm.”