Chapter 92

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 92

“Did you come to ask for permission? Or did you come to steal?”

“No.”

Juliet smiled faintly and replied.

“If you don’t lend me this, I will expose everything that happened in the underground of the Papal court.”

“Archbishop, what does she mean?”

The high priest asked in confusion, but Archbishop Gilliam’s face turned pale, understanding Juliet’s meaning.

Only then did they understand why Juliet had deliberately shown her face by lifting her veil.

Her intentions were clear.

“…Are you threatening the temple right now?”

“Yes, you heard correctly.”

Archbishop Gilliam doubted his ears. He wasn’t sure if he should admire her audacity or be shocked by it.

Certainly, what Juliet said was true.

Events in Lucerne were only now being settled.

In such a situation, if the victim who suffered the most from Sebastian came forward, the Papal court would be powerless.

The Soulstone of Genovia had also become an ambiguous item for the Papal court to claim ownership.

Gilliam, glaring at Juliet with a stern face, pointed out her mistake.

“Don’t you think you’re being too careless? Your threat will only work if you safely exit this place.”

“You sound like a villain, Archbishop.”

Juliet, however, just smiled as if she didn’t care.

Gilliam felt uneasy from Juliet’s strangely relaxed attitude.

“If we just scream right now, the guards will rush in.”

He was right.

Even if Juliet threatened to reveal the truth, that only worked if Juliet safely left the temple.

“Well, I don’t think that will be the case.”

Juliet glanced suspiciously towards a window.

Both Archbishop Gilliam and the high priest followed her gaze.

But all they saw was a large clock.

What?

“Ah, never mind.”

Juliet said with a faint smile.

“Then let’s go outside for a revelation.”

Juliet, clutching the box, quickly began to run towards some dark corner of the room.

“…?”

“Guards!”

The flustered steward opened the door.

However, what greeted the high priest was a thick smoke pouring into the room.

“Guards…?”

Oops.

Seeing the high priest fall instantly, Archbishop Gilliam realized the situation.

‘Sleeping gas…!’

Juliet hadn’t tried to persuade them from the beginning. She was just buying time.

Enough time for the sleeping gas to spread throughout the temple.