Chapter 28

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 28

“Who?”

“Yes, the Duke.”

That can’t be right.

It had been seven long years since Lennox first learned about the situation of the Monad family.

To Lennox, the Monad family was an abstract concept.

He simply brushed it off, thinking that since his lover was Lady Monad, there must be a house somewhere in the capital.

Whenever Juliet had business in the capital, she would visit the Monad mansion, but Lennox had never accompanied her on such occasions.

Was he a man who wouldn’t even bat an eye if his lover made eye contact with someone else, let alone take care of household matters?

It was absurd. He wouldn’t do such a bothersome thing.

However, the old woman spoke casually.

“Didn’t you send gold to Lady Juliet yesterday too?”

Such an occasion… never happened.

“Lady Juliet said so herself. Although she couldn’t come with us this year due to her busy schedule, she wanted me to let you know that you would have a prosperous new year.”

Lennox’s expression narrowed.

“Everyone in the mansion is grateful. It is an honor to meet you in person like this, Your Highness.”

The blind old woman bowed her head once again.

Lennox briefly pondered what this situation could be.

However, neither the blind nanny nor the young maid standing beside her seemed to be lying.

So, there was only one possibility remaining.

It must be words fabricated by Juliet.

“Did Juliet really say that?”

As Lennox’s voice carried a chilling indifference, the blind woman spoke gently as if she hadn’t noticed.

“Yes, of course. Our Lady Juliet always speaks of you. Just yesterday, she held onto me and talked about how caring you are, despite the rumors, and how affectionate you are.”

Lennox couldn’t find words to respond.

He couldn’t completely dismiss the possibility that Juliet had told such lies, but at the same time, he couldn’t easily understand why she would go to such lengths.

Because the Juliet Monad he knows wasn’t that kind of person.

“Your Highness, please take care of our young lady.”

The blind old woman bowed deeply and politely greeted Lennox.

“Although she is shy and doesn’t say much, she’s a very sensitive person. She thinks deeply and has been hurt a lot. So please treat her kindly.”

Lennox didn’t reply. He silently stared at the blind woman.

This nanny, from the beginning, must have known about Juliet’s lies.

After seven years of being lovers, it was impossible for him not to have seen her face even once. She couldn’t have been a kind lover.

And yet, Juliet had gone to the extent of telling lies and desperately defending him, not for his sake, but to reassure them.

Her wounded pride had already suffered enough, but she didn’t want to worry the precious people who she remembered from her childhood.

Lennox didn’t care about the notorious rumors surrounding him, but he had a general idea of what people were gossiping about regarding his lover.