Chapter 100

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 100

“I think it was me who got dumped. Is my memory incorrect?”

Juliet, who spotted him, didn’t even seem surprised; she blinked quietly.

Lennox coldly glanced over the group of people surrounding her.

These cunning folks. Worthless humans, neither their names nor faces worth remembering.

But, by his standards, the moment these lesser beings surrounded a single woman and spouted all sorts of insults, it didn’t matter whether they were human or beast.

A sneer escaped him.

Seeing them, who might disappear any moment or turn their backs again, yet too scared to grip a woman tightly, let alone utter such insolence, rage welled up within him.

“Since when did you dare to comment on the affairs of my house?”

Until a moment ago, these people were like a pack of wolves, all frustrated that they couldn’t tear apart a single woman. Now, they paled and bowed their heads in front of him.

“Oh, you misunderstand, Duke…!”

“We absolutely didn’t mean it that way…”

“Do you think you can compensate for the honor of my house with your filthy tongues?”

He wasn’t one for idle talk.

“I will teach you the only way to atone with your pathetic bodies.”

Clang!

Lennox grabbed the sword of a standing guard and threw it on the ground.

“Draw it.”

Gasp.

For a moment, everyone stared in shock, turning pale. But everyone there understood. There was only one way to restore tarnished honor.

It was to duel, staking one’s life. And that meant a merciful, legal death.

According to the Empire’s laws, killing due to duels or territorial disputes wasn’t considered a crime.

The man standing before them was notorious as a sword master even before turning twenty.

Desperate screams erupted everywhere.

“Du, Duke…!”

“What are you doing? Draw your sword.”

His calm urging voice was smooth as always, without any variation in tone.

But the trembling folks, looking like cattle herded to slaughter, couldn’t find a way out.

Mostly because he entered the hall last. The Duke stood guarding the door.

“We have committed a crime worthy of death!”

One by one, the quickest to judge the situation began to kneel and bow their heads.

Sobs were heard here and there. Yet, Lennox Carlyle’s face, like cold steel, showed no change.

“Seems you can’t think with that head of yours?”

“Yes…?”

“It’s probably better to cut it off.”

Swish.

The blade of Duke Carlyle, sharp as ever, seemed ready to strike, reflecting a dark light.

“What do you mean…”

A moment later, the crowd realized his implication.

“Lady Monad!”

“Countess!”