Chapter 58

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 58

He was leaning against the bed, looking into a book.

“Your Highness.”

Juliet stared at him with emotionless eyes.

Sometimes, she was melancholic.

Mostly, his attention wasn’t given without a price, and even after Juliet gave him what he demanded, she was always parched.

With a feverless gaze, Juliet stared at the man for a while and then asked.

“The hunting?”

“…Are you curious about that?”

His tone was incredulous.

“I canceled it.”

He closed his book with a sound, rose from the bed, and leaned on the headboard.

Occasionally, Juliet wondered how his red eyes could look so cold.

“Instead, I bought a boat.”

“…Suddenly?”

At Juliet’s reaction, his forehead creased.

“Didn’t you say you wanted one?”

Juliet lost her words and turned her head to avoid his gaze.

“Juliet.”

A displeased touch followed and lifted her chin.

Only then did Juliet notice her small luggage bag quietly placed on the armchair on one side of the bedroom.

There was no sign of it being opened or tidied up. It was just as it had been when she had taken it and fainted.

He was curious about the meaning of that bag, but he quickly understood the answer.

There’s no way. The one who had placed that bag quietly in the bedroom must have been one of the numerous servants of the mansion.

He must not have cared at all about what that bag was, or why she fainted not in her room but on the stairs leading outside.

She felt dizzy and tightly closed her eyes.

Nothing will change…

Nothing at all.

Swallowing her tears, Juliet barely pleaded.

“Next time… next time. I just want to rest now.”

* * *

The Canabel Village was a small rural village, so the children, including Magda and Deyna, decided to accompany them to Carcassonne, where the big hospital is, for treatment.

Deyna, and Lisbell, Zachary’s daughter, who was the same age, quickly became friends and frolicked around.

“Sister!”

Deyna, who had found Juliet eating porridge in the tent, came near the carriage and showed her something.

“This is a picture of our mom!”

“Wow.”

It was Magda’s sketchbook. Juliet opened her eyes wide.

“Did your mom draw all of these?”

“Yes! Our mom’s drawings are pretty, aren’t they!”

As a five-year-old, Deyna seemed to want to boast about her mother.

“?”

“Where, where?”

Passing people also stopped and watched the sketchbook.