Chapter 101

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 101

From the moment the Duke of Carlyle appeared, the Empress seemed to have decided to change his course.

She began to take care of Juliet as if she was a loving adoptive parent.

“You should stay in my palace until you recover.”

The Empress generously offered, even providing a luxurious guest room.

This kindness felt somewhat burdensome. After all, Juliet had some responsibility for the intrusion of a wolf into the palace.

Fortunately, the Emperor and Empress didn’t seem to think that far.

Roy and his party caught Graham and left. However, many had witnessed the intimate conversation between Juliet and Roy.

Juliet decided to behave obediently, following the Empress’s instructions for now. It was best to make a good impression, not knowing how things would turn out later.

Juliet sat in the ballroom, dressed in a dress chosen by the Empress.

Due to the earlier commotion, people glanced at her from a distance with wary eyes.

If their eyes met, they would either be startled and look away or force an awkward smile.

Well, it wasn’t so bad.

Juliet shrugged.

“Excuse me, Countess Monad.”

A slightly different group of people started to approach her.

“Yes?”

Juliet didn’t know the name of the refined-looking noblewoman who addressed her, so she responded vaguely.

When she came to her senses, demure young ladies surrounded her.

“Excuse my boldness, but what is your relationship with the gentleman who approached you this morning?”

The young ladies, with their sparkling eyes, seemed burdensome, but they didn’t appear malicious.

What’s there to hide?

“He’s a friend.”

“Oh my, really!”

“Being friends with Lycanthrope is impressive!”

Juliet glanced over the young ladies.

They were types she hadn’t encountered much over the past few years, so they seemed younger than her.

Juliet thought the curious-looking noble young ladies were quite cute. So, she obediently answered their various questions.

“Yes, we met while traveling.”

“Oh my.”

The reactions were as expected.

“So, have you promised a future with him…?”

“No, not at all…”

The conversation seemed to be heading in an unexpected direction.

“Isn’t that so?”

Recognizing the familiar voice, Juliet turned around. A decidedly handsome man looked down at her with a cold gaze.

“Duke.”

Juliet responded with a polite, thin smile.

“Excuse us…”

The young ladies who had been chattering around Juliet scattered like herbivores that had encountered a predator.