Chapter 73

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 73

Duke Carlyle returned to his residence, leaving all the commotion behind.

Blood streamed down the back of his left hand. Startled servants rushed towards him, carrying towels and bandages.

“No… Your Highness! You’re bleeding!”

“Get out.”

His suppressed voice sounded unusually serious.

Experienced servants withdrew quietly and swiftly, not wanting to go against their master’s wishes.

Lennox aggressively yanked off his tie as if tearing it apart and then headed straight for the bathtub filled with hot water.

Clatter!

A crystal bottle filled with an amber liquid, which had been placed near the bathtub, shattered loudly.

Although his black shirt hid the wound, his left arm was cut deeper than it appeared. It was going to be uncomfortable for a while.

“That wolf bastard-“

When their blades clashed for the third and last time, Roy’s sword dug into his unprotected left side.

However, that wasn’t the issue. As Lennox aimed for the neck instinctively, Roy didn’t dodge despite knowing.

In fact, Roy deliberately jumped right into the trajectory of Lennox’s blade.

He didn’t change the angle reflexively.

If not for a slight miscalculation, he would have precisely sliced the throat of that wolf. But even that seemed to have been part of the wolf’s initial plan.

Trusting the horrifying regenerative ability of Lycanthropes, he dragged Juliet onto the stage as if to show off in front of him.

“How dare you, insignificant thing…”

Lennox gritted his teeth.

How dare you touch her?

That wolf’s target wasn’t him but Juliet from the very beginning.

To make Juliet run to him in shock using a childish play.

Even if his throat had been slashed instead of the eye, Lennox was confident that due to his monstrous regeneration, he would be perfectly fine.

* * *

“Ouch.”

The temporary treatment room was quiet after everyone left, except for the whimpering Roy.

“You find this funny?”

Juliet scolded him with an angry expression.

Only after the priests finished treating him did Roy show the cut on the back of his hand. It was a shallow wound, but Juliet was very upset.

‘Why didn’t you show it when there were healers earlier?’

Juliet visibly angered, doused the wound with disinfectant. Annoyingly, Roy didn’t even flinch from the sting.

“If you ever do something like this again.”

“Then?”

“We’re done.”

“…What?”

“You don’t know what that means? It means we’re no longer friends.”

“Okay…”

Roy slouched his shoulders, looking downcast.

“Why on earth would you do that?”

Juliet still seemed very angry. However, seeing her like this, Roy chuckled silently.