Chapter 15

Forgotten Juliet- Chapter 15

“Is this the reason why you so suddenly asked me to break up with you?”

Before Juliet could say anything in response, the man’s lips twisted cruelly as he grabbed her shoulders.

“But if you wanted to run away with my child, you shouldn’t have gotten caught.”

“…So, is that why you chased me all the way here?”

Juliet’s face turned pale at his cruel words.

Of course. So that’s it. Well, of course, you shouldn’t have expected anything else from him.

She felt like a fool for even briefly holding onto a fragile hope. nd expected completely different words from him, which she so wanted to hear all the time that she was with him.

What was she expecting, after all?

She laughed at herself.

“Did you think I stole the noble bloodline and ran away?”

She knew very well what the bloodline meant to a man like Lennox Carlyle.

It was none other than greedy relatives who sent a nine-year-old boy to the battlefield.

Even his own mother, who was the daughter of a noble, deceived his father and bore him.

Juliet suddenly became curious.

If she were to admit here that she had his child under her heart, how would he react?

Would she be taken somewhere, just like the woman who came with his child someday and was ‘dealt with’?

In the first place, Lennox Carlyle had no interest in making the successor of the noble family.

And that is why he preferred easy, short relationships, instead of entering into a legal marriage.

However, it was a well-known fact that there were quite a few people who claimed to have Carlyle’s children and came looking for the noble title.

The birth of a child with red eyes and black hair from the noble family was a famous tale. But no one knew what happened to the children and women who came looking for the Duke.

Some people gossiped that the cunning Juliet Monad must have done something to them.

But Juliet herself was one of the most curious people about what had happened to them.

“No, I didn’t steal anything.”

Juliet calmly replied, dropping her head listlessly.

However, his following words filled her with even more despair.

Lennox Carlyle smirked with a mischievous smile on his face.

“What kind of bastard is he, then?”

“Lennox!”

Juliet’s face flushed with embarrassment.

She bit her lip to prevent the tears from welling up momentarily.

But it was insufficient to suppress the overwhelming emotions.

“…Juliet?”

“Just let me go.”

It looks like her lover got angrier than she expected because she ran away without saying a word. He was a man who never let go of something once he had it in his hands.

‘But I have the discernment not to mistake it for affection.’

Is it a similar metaphor if a pet dog breaks free from its leash and runs away?