Chapter 22

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 22

“A deal?”

“Yes.”

A rare sense of satisfaction appeared on Lennox’s lips. It may have looked elegant, but Juliet knew.

That’s a smirk.

However, Juliet wasn’t disappointed.

“I have something useful for Your Highness.”

Taking a cautious step forward, Juliet approached him.

Sitting on the couch, Lennox’s gaze was lower than Juliet’s.

Since Juliet’s standing position was higher, she could look down at Lennox.

“Useful?”

“Yes, as you can see.”

As soon as Juliet finished speaking, Juliet’s butterflies twinkled their wings in the darkness.

Unbelievably, the key of the Count, which no one seemed to know the purpose of, was an artifact that the high nobles in the first life competed to possess.

However, Lennox still responded coldly.

“I don’t need an inferior spirit mage.”

Even in the face of his cold words, Juliet didn’t back down. She took another step closer to the chair where Lennox was seated.

“I will learn so that I won’t be inferior anymore. If you teach me…”

“Teach you?”

Lennox openly sneered.

“I don’t have a hobby of teaching women who can’t even ride properly.”

“…”

Instead of answering, Juliet took another step. The distance between them narrowed, to the point where their knees almost touched.

“But you haven’t heard my condition yet.”

“It doesn’t seem like it will make a difference even if I do.”

“What about what you mentioned yesterday, closing off the magic… what is that?”

Juliet’s left hand grabbed the back of the couch where Lennox was sitting.

Juliet asked quietly.

“Will you teach me?”

* * *

Four days later.

Juliet was sitting on one side of the palace’s banquet hall.

“Oh God, Lady Monad!”

Is there anything as fast as the rumors in the capital?

Kind-hearted members of high society came to find the pitiful young Countess who had been left alone and consoled her enthusiastically.

“I’ve heard all about it.”

“How heartbroken you must be.”

Cheap sympathy and light interest poured in. And inevitably, whispers followed.

[Everyone is very worried about you.

You will attend the final day’s party, won’t you?]

A few days ago, Fatima sent a letter to the Monad mansion.

Naturally, in Fatima’s letter, in addition to the question whether Juliet would come to the banquet on the last day or not, there were also a few rather banal words of sympathy, although not too sincere.