Chapter 45

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 45

The train arrived at the East Gate.

Angie, who was moving a large box, stopped for a moment. She was a staff member working on the train.

Although the station where the train stopped wasn’t crowded, the building, which had cost a lot of money to construct, was quite impressive.

The platform was normally quiet, but today, unusually, it was raining, making the weather quite gloomy.

Angie grumbled and walked quickly.

“Huh…?”

Somewhere, she smelled a forest. To be exact, it was a scent as if she was standing in the middle of a lush forest on a rainy day.

As she was looking around, Angie discovered a person leaning against a pillar outside.

His face was hidden because he was standing in a shaded place, but judging by his silhouette, he seemed to be a tall young man.

Was he watching the rain, or was he out to meet someone?

‘But the landing platform is on the other side…’

Unknowingly, Angie had stopped in her tracks and was staring at him.

It seemed like the air in that space was moving slowly.

Strangely, the day was clear, and only the sound of rain could be heard loudly.

In fact, she wasn’t the only one who had stopped.

Although they didn’t have the courage to approach him and strike up a conversation, people passing through the platform were also frequently glancing in his direction.

Dazed for some reason, Angie was lost in thought there for a while.

What was this scent?

Although the main passengers of the train were affluent commoners and it wasn’t common, there were occasional ones.

Passengers who smoked not ordinary tobacco, which had a nasty smell, but cigars with a calming effect and a unique scent.

Angie knew that these were extraordinarily expensive luxuries.

Whether it was the smell of a dense forest or the smell of wet soil was unclear, but Angie knew what to call this scent.

This was because a colleague had told her a few days ago.

‘Sandalwood.’

It was Sandalwood, she recalled, and Angie was a little proud of herself.

Being distracted by the man, Angie reacted a beat later when a strange voice called her from behind.

“Excuse me.”

“Huh?”

Angie was startled and turned around.

The person who had stopped her was a stranger.

“Are you Angillos Diloph?”

“Well… Yes, I am.”

Angie, who was called by her disliked real name after a long time, wore a nervous expression.

However, she soon became a little scared.

That’s because there was no expression on the face of the person who asked her the question.

From his dark skin, he seemed to be of desert origin. Although his impression wasn’t particularly fierce, it was somehow scary.