Chapter 37

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 37

The old man had a strange hair color, a mix of his naturally red hair beginning to turn gray.

Just like the strange man she ran into on the carriage earlier, it seemed this neighborhood had a lot of redheads…

That’s what Juliet thought as she quietly admired the scene.

Then, the people who went to catch the pickpocket returned to the square.

“Oh, you’re an elder!”

“Are you okay, sir?”

The people who returned with the pickpocket began to fuss around the old man.

“I’m fine. But…”

The old man leaning on the fountain in the square lightly touched the collar of the pickpocket who was caught with the end of his cane, and surprisingly, several wallets fell out.

“How many wallets did you steal?”

The townspeople were as surprised as Juliet. They took the pickpocket away again to find the owners of the wallets.

Then, it seemed Juliet and the old man were left alone at the fountain, as if they missed their timing to leave.

“You don’t seem to be from this village, young lady?”

“Ah, yes. That’s correct.”

“If there’s anything I can help you with, feel free to tell me.”

‘… Is this the time to ask him?’

The townspeople called him ‘sir’ and treated him with respect, so he was not just an ordinary old man.

Juliet took turns looking at the old man, who could be described as having a strong spirit, and his cane.

In fact, when she picked up the old man’s cane a while ago, Juliet had roughly realized something. The heavy cane was what is commonly referred to as a swordstick, with a sword hidden inside.

Suddenly, she remembered what Cain had told her.

“The most reliable people in the East are old mercenaries.”

He often talked about his mercenary days, and this was one of those things.

An old mercenary is not just an elderly person. It was a medal that meant they had survived on the battlefield for a long time.

Perhaps he could grant even an outrageous wish if asked. But Juliet decided to compromise with reality, since she would still have to ask one of the inhabitants of the city.

“Ah, well then.”

Juliet took out a folded piece of paper.

Zachary Law Firm.

“Could you tell me how to get here?”

* * *

Zachary Law Firm.

Zachary was the town’s lawyer, but his main business was real estate brokerage.

Since it’s next to Carcassonne, where the top headquarters are gathered, there were many people coming and going in Lobell, and renting houses for a short period of time was also common.

Ding.

“Welcome… Oh my, sir!”

Zachary was taken aback when he saw the old man who came in with the woman next to him.

“I’m just an escort. Attend to this young lady first.”

The old man said, pointing at Juliet.

“Excuse me. How can I assist you?”