Chapter 5

Forgotten Juliet.
Chapter 5

Cast a spell.

The Count’s mouth fell open.

Indeed, it was the doing of this woman.

The rumors were true, that the Duke’s lover practiced wicked enchantments.

“Do you understand? Then nod your head.”

The Count simply nodded absentmindedly with a bewildered expression.

Juliet smiled satisfactorily, turned around effortlessly, and walked away.

“My lord, are you alright?”

“What’s the matter? Are you okay?”

“This, this is unbelievable…”

As Juliet gracefully left the area, people finally gathered.

Count Casper, meanwhile, was trembling as if he had seen something incredibly terrible.

Amidst the clamor from behind, Juliet didn’t turn back. She watched and thought indifferently the people parting ways on both sides, just like the parting of the sea.

‘Sometimes, it seems fitting for a crazy woman to do such things.’

Flutter.

Behind Juliet, a blue butterfly followed her whimsically, fluttering around her.

Juliet caught a glimpse of the butterfly landing on the back of her hand.

The blue butterfly was an adorable disguise for the fearsome monster that existed beyond dimensions. It was said that the butterfly borrowed its form to captivate human eyes because if seen with the naked eye, it would drive one insane.

These butterflies bestowed nightmares upon the targets Juliet desired.

They showed the victims the most dreadful monsters or scenes imaginable and feasted on their emotions. They transformed into a cluster of azure light and were absorbed back into her. Once the butterflies consumed enough magical power and grew, they would be able to manipulate even more diverse illusions.

However, complete mental control, like the command to jump off a rooftop while asleep, as she had just threatened Count Casper, was still beyond her reach.

‘Besides, it wouldn’t work on a sword master.’

In other words, the notion that she could seduce Lennox Carlyle with enchantments was originally impossible.

‘If such a thing were possible, I wouldn’t have ended up in this situation.’

After all, he had already been famous as the youngest sword master since 10 years ago.

* * *

“Miss.”

The young man was Jude, one of the knights of the Duke’s household.

Jude Hayon was relatively young among the Duke’s vassals and was considered the youngest in the knight order.

He had a friendly and lively personality that endeared him to anyone he encountered. He was so friendly that at times he treated Juliet, the Duke’s lover, like a younger sister, which was rather disrespectful.

After glancing around for a moment, Jude lowered his voice and whispered to Juliet.

“What happened inside?”

“Nothing.”

“Then why is everyone looking at you?”

“I don’t know.”