Chapter 57

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 57

The physician who examined Juliet’s ankle said it was a simple sprain and that rest would heal it.

But for some reason, Juliet’s fever didn’t subside the next day. This made Isaac and Helen’s expressions serious.

“For now, it would be best to monitor her for another day.”

The flustered doctor suggested.

Juliet tried to reassure Helen.

“Don’t worry, Auntie. This happens to me once or twice. I’ll be better by tomorrow.”

Juliet knew her body well. She often suffered from high fever without a clear reason.

Even though her words were not meant to comfort those around her, the gazes of those looking at Juliet were unusual.

Everyone took turns visiting Juliet in her carriage. The last visitor of the day was Eshelrid.

Eshel, who had been silently observing Juliet, lowered his voice and asked:

“Could it be because of that butterfly?”

“No.”

Juliet smiled weakly.

Since the incident where she subdued the snake monster in the dungeon, this was the first time Eshel mentioned her ability.

“I’ve been like this long before anything to do with the butterfly.”

“It’s almost like a divine fever.”

Eshel quietly stated, narrowing his eyes.

“Divine fever?”

“Have you never heard of it?”

Eshel laughed, teasingly.

“Hmm, that’s strange. Considering you can handle unheard and unfamiliar spirits and even have a rapport with werewolves, I thought Juliet would know everything.”

“Do you find it fun to tease a sick person?”

As Juliet grumbled, Eshel shrugged his shoulders.

“There’s a symptom that causes a fuss in the temples. You know that the priests in the temples have divine power, right? Well, some priests also refer to it as the power of prophecy,” Eshel explained briefly.

He said it was evidence of divine power.

‘So it’s like a divine disease that priests suffer from?’

Juliet silently closed her mouth.

Divine power and magic power. The two forces are of opposing attributes and clashed.

That’s why priests and magicians, temples and mage towers, have always been mutually repulsive.

“But Juliet isn’t a priest. The power a spirit summoner uses to summon spirits, or monsters, is definitely magic. So your disease isn’t a divine fever… what could it be?”

“…Indeed, what could it be?”

Juliet responded apprehensively, reminding herself that he was a magician from the Mage Tower.

If he discovered her identity, he might get extremely interested, take her away unknowingly, and dissect her.

“Are you sure it’s not because of that being?”

Eshel asked again with a concerned expression, as if confirming. It seemed to be weighing heavily on his mind.

“Yes, it’s not. I can guarantee that.”