Chapter 51

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 51

Eshel rolled up the tent entrance and stepped outside.

“What’s going on?”

“A magician! I heard there’s a magician here!”

The lady who rushed into the campsite spoke.

Juliet, who had followed Eshel out, saw her too. Her clothes were generally clean, but she looked desperate as if possessed by something.

“Where is the magician?”

The people of the campsite reflexively looked towards the tent.

“I-I am Magda. I came from the nearby village Canabel.”

The lady who introduced herself as Magda alternated her gaze between Juliet and Eshel, looking conflicted.

She was confused about who the magician was.

Juliet noticed and promptly stepped back. Eshel sighed and stepped forward.

“It seems that I am the magician you are looking for. What’s the matter?”

However, the next moment, Eshel was taken aback.

Magda had suddenly knelt down in front of him.

“Please save our children! Please, magician!”

Magda explained that five children from her village, including her daughter, had gone missing.

“No, in such a case, you should appeal to the nearby lord, ma’am. How can you just come looking for a magician?”

“But, but…”

Magda explained.

This mountainous area has been called the dragon’s nest since ancient times, and there is a legend that only a magician can save the children when they go missing.

“And, the villagers did go to the lord’s office. But I’m not sure if they can get there in time…”

Magda dropped her head in defeat.

Juliet, growing curious, quietly asked.

“Is there really such an old story?”

Eshel shrugged.

“Well. I’ve heard an old tale about a magician kidnapping children.”

Eshel seemed to ponder for a moment, then casually asked Juliet.

“What do you think?”

Juliet, who was just observing, was caught off guard by the question.

“Why are you asking me?”

“Because neither Walter nor Teo, who are in charge, are in sight.”

Eshel was right.

Walter and Teo were nowhere to be found.

“What does that have to do with…”

Juliet was about to protest, but noticing everyone, including Magda who came for help, was watching her, she closed her mouth.

Since Helen, the owner of the Guild, and her family were not present, it was her responsibility to decide what to do with Eshel, the magician from Marigold. That was the logic.

Juliet was in a quandary.

If she really cared for the campsite, she should have ignored Magda and said her to leave.

But Eshel seemed genuinely eager to help Magda.

“Then…”

* * *