Chapter 62

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 62

Upon leaving the auction house, the group noticed a crowd of people all dressed in white beyond the tent.

Having arrived at the auction house later to help clean up, Eshelrid too noticed them and stopped in his tracks.

“They are priests.”

The prominent long white robes were a symbol of the priests.

However, among them, one priest who had deeply hooded his robe bowed slightly in their direction. By the small stature and physique, the priest appeared to be a woman.

Teo, who had been watching, also nodded towards that priest.

“That’s the priest from earlier.”

Teo explained as if telling the shocked Eshel.

It turned out that the priest Teo had brought at Juliet’s request a while ago was one of those people.

“…?”

For a moment, Juliet hesitated.

“Teo.”

“Yes?”

“Did you see that priest’s face earlier?”

“No, why?”

Juliet, driven by an inexplicable intuition, looked back to where the priests had disappeared. But they had already left their spots.

“But why are the priests here?”

Juliet glanced at the tent they had emerged from and commented.

“They buy possessed items.”

“Wait, why would they want such items?”

“They exorcise them and then resell them.”

Even though they were temple priests, they weren’t so virtuous as to never set foot in a black market. Instead, they had a keen sense for making money.

Exorcising and selling was one of their means of making money.

Eshel’s eyes lit up with interest.

“How do you know that?”

Teo, who had been quietly listening, asked with suspicion. However, Juliet didn’t provide any explanation.

Exorcism was once one of Dahlia’s specialties in her past life.

She remembered seeing Dahlia buy possessed items at auctions after she revealed her ability to exorcise these items with her divine powers.

“Let’s go.”

Juliet climbed onto the carriage first.

But throughout the return journey, Juliet was deeply lost in thought, not uttering a single word.

Priests appearing in the black market?

‘Is this related to Dahlia?’

Considering her memories from her first life, the timing seemed to match.

‘But then, there should be a lot of noise about prophecies and divine manifestations.’

It was unusually quiet compared to her past memories.

Apart from the news that DUke Carlyle was preparing for his wedding, there seemed to be no news indicating Dahlia’s reappearance. What could have happened?

“By the way, we didn’t get the egg appraised, what shall we do?”

“It’s fine.”

She had hesitated because she found the unknown egg fascinating and intriguing. But Juliet decided to think rationally.