Chapter Twenty-Seven: Your Love Is Why I Live

DEVANTE POV

I have a massive surprise for my girls today. We're back together and I need my family in my life! Nothing or nobody will tear us apart ever again. I took Denise and Zoelle to Central Park. I watched as little Zo chased around a butterfly. Denise pushed her locks back and looked at me. I was sweaty, nervous and uncomfortable. 

Me: I love you.

Denise: I love you too, I always have and always will. 

Me: It's a beautiful day.

Denise: Isn't it though, baby? Let's take some pictures babe!

Me: Um, not yet. Zoelle, come here baby. 

We walked to a very fancy fountain in the park's center and lit. We sat on the edge and I kissed her on the cheek.

Zoelle: Mommy, look up in the sky!!! It's a present in the sky!

Denise: No baby, the stars don't come out until the sun goes all the way down. We talked about this!!!

Me: Haha...

Denise: What's funny, baby?

I grabbed her face and put it to the sky. Four little tubes came out from the sky and Denise was in shock. I ran and picked them up.

Me: Babe, open them up.

Denise: Are they safe?

Zoelle: Yes! I wanna see them, Mama!!!

Denise: Okay....

She opened all of them, each of them had a piece of paper with a word....and she cried. I rearranged them and the message read this question: WILL YOU MARRY ME?

Denise: Are you playing?

I took her hand and got down on one knee. I was serious as a heart attack and she was about to know it. Her eyes were filled with tears....

Me: The day I met you, I knew we would be more than friends. When you came into my life, it was the greatest feeling. I can't believe that you would put up with me, because that takes quite a bit! Denise Isabella Zurita, I want to build a tribe with you, protect and provide for you and Zoelle. I'm tired of this fast lane, I want you to be my lover, my lifeline, and my support system. Will you marry me!?

She was crying so hard I thought she was gonna pass out. 

Denise: YES!!!

I scooped her up in my arms and kissed her. She put her hand out and I put that 14 karat diamond ring right on her finger. Yes sir, I'm a married man!!!