Chapter Seventeen: DeVante Gets Robbed!

DEVANTE POV

Things between Denise and I have been going MUCH better. We've become closer not only as couple, but as a family. Nothing can go wrong! Right?

LATER THAT NIGHT....

Denise and I were in bed when I heard glass breaking. I slowly got out of bed as to not wake up Denise or Zoelle, who was sound asleep in the next room. I had my .45 in my sock and was horrified by five masked men with sawed off shotguns, machetes, machine guns, and AK-47's.

Me: What the fuck!? Yo--

Masked Man #1: SHUT UP, NIGGA! WHERE'S YA LOOT AT, HOMIE!?

Masked Man #2: GIMME THE LOOT!

I punched one of them and the other four men overpowered me. Denise and Zoelle came down, screaming in horror! I coughed up blood and my body was weak on the floor.

Denise: DeVante!

Me: Run, baby! Get the baby and run!

Before she could, one man fired a shot into the air and they fell to the ground, too scared to get up.

Masked Man #3: LOOK LADY, WE AIN'T TRYING TO HURT YOU, BUT WE JUST WANT THE LOOT! YOU BETTER TELL YA MAN!

Two of the men pointed their gun at Denise and the baby. I felt a machine gun on the back on my head and a foot on my back.

Denise: Oh no! Please, don't! Please!

Masked Man #4: C'mon man...

Denise: No....

Zoelle was sobbing at this point. Now if it was me myself and I, my stubborn ass would have died for refusing to give them the money. But I didn't want my woman, nor my baby girl  to not have her father in her life. So I sighed and gave up. Before my eyes, I watched the men take $130,000 dollars worth of jewelry from upstairs. They ran out the house and I hugged my girls tightly. I'm upset that I had just gotten robbed, but that's secondary. The primary concern I had was making sure Denise and Zoelle weren't hurt.