Chapter Thirty-One: "There Are Two Men Here!"

DEVANTE POV

I just finished working on some music for SWV's new project, and I'm so excited to see my babies! Dalvin's coming to get me instead of Denise, and something's not right. Every time I come home from the airport, she comes, we catch up, we get down and everything is beautiful. Dalvin said she had something heavy on her mind that she needed to tell me as soon as I got home!

We got in the house and I could tell that Denise had forgotten the meaning of the word sleep. Her eyelids were dark, her eyes red and puffy, and it looked like her dreadlocks were being neglected hella hard. Worse, I saw that ZoZo wasn't home either!

Me: Baby!? What the hell going on up in here!?

Denise: Dalvin, you-you didn't tell him did you?

All Dalvin could do was shake his head.

Denise: Baby, sit down. We need to talk!

I sat down.

Denise: Zoelle is staying overnight at the children's hospital.

Me: I thought that---

Denise: The doctors found some evidence on her....she's, she's been molested. 

I didn't hear what she said before, the only word I heard was "molested," and I LOST IT!!! I threw the table, threw pictures, and screamed...Dalvin held me back, and held me as I cried in his arms.

Denise turned her back and cried. She slid down the wall and sobbed as though she had failed. 

Me (sobbing): I'MA KILL HIM!!! I'MA KILL THAT NIGGA!!! HE TOUCHED MY BAAAABABABABABY!!! 

Dalvin: Ya'll calm down, okay!?

I pulled from him and scooped Denise up in my arms. 

Denise: I'm sorry baby............I'm sorry...............

A FEW WEEKS LATER....

It's been intense. Raheem's been skipping out on visitation and everyone we know has been looking for him. Zoelle has slowly returned to her normal self, but the poor girl is still having nightmares like you wouldn't believe! She's been drawing out what happened to her and we can finally help her.

One picture shows a man that looks like Raheem standing over her, and....hold up!

Me: Yo! DENISE!

My Queen came rushing in the room, looking restored than what she did when I found out ZoZo was touched. 

Me: Look at this picture. Tell me what you see.

Denise: I see Zo, Raheem, and....oh no!

Me: It wasn't just Raheem.

Denise: There are two men here!

Me: The operative word being men.

TO BE CONTINUED....