Chapter Thirty: Hard Candy

RECAP: 

Denise went to pick up Zoelle from Raheem's mother's house, where she realizes that Zoelle may have been molested by Raheem. 

DENISE POV

DeVante and I have put our wedding plans on hold because we both think something happened to Zoelle. Raheem swears up and down he doesn't know, but I don't believe him. We took Zoelle to a nearby children's hospital. She's been acting out, not eating/sleeping, difficulty sitting down, and wetting the bed. These are telltale signs that my baby has been molested!

Male Nurse: Hi there, Zoelle. How are you?

She fell silent.

Male Nurse (to other nurse): Let's take off her pants.

Zoelle: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Please, please, please, please don't do it!

Male Nurse: Zoelle, Zo, Zo, Zoe---

It took an hour for them to get a female nurse on the floor so she could examine my baby. 

TWO HOURS LATER....

Nurse Nancy: We did the examination on your daughter. She's definitely been abused. We found discharge to her vaginal area and a very serious injury to her tailbone as of last week. Zoelle's been hit so hard that it fractured parts of her behind! DeVante had to do some press work for Da Bassment and if he were here, he'd go through the roof! I'm gonna wait until he gets home to tell him, which is tomorrow. Because Zoelle is around three core adults: me, her father, and her sperm donor, the police and hospital staff are keeping Zoelle in the hospital until this is being resolved. DeVante's going to be so angry when he gets home.

I drove to the house and cried. It makes me sick not being able to physically have my baby home with me. I pulled myself together and decided to call up Dalvin. He has a level head so calling him would be the best thing.

Dalvin: Hey sis!

Me: Hey there, brother. How ya been?

Dalvin: Good. What's going on with my niece!?

Me: She's been touched by someone.

He exhaled and spoke back into the phone.

Dalvin: That nigga Raheem did this!

Me: I know he did, but the hospital is cooperating in the investigation to prove he did it. The doctor said her tailbone has been fractured too! I don't know how I'm gonna explain this to DeVante in the morning! 

Dalvin: Sis, don't worry about this. We got your back. I'mma pick him up from the airport tomorrow and we're gonna finesse Raheem on everything! That nigga gon need eyes in the back of his head.

Me: Thanks, Dalvin. Let me get some sleep and we'll tell him together.

Dalvin: Love you sis.

Me: Love you bro, bye bye.

I changed out of my clothes, climbed into bed and slowly but surely fell asleep. 

TO BE CONTINUED....