Chapter Eighteen: Paranoid

DEVANTE POV

It's been two months since I was robbed. I moved us into a bigger, and much more secure place. Denise and I decided to move to South Orange, New Jersey. The schools were nice, the weather was always great, and it gave me peace of mind, that's most important. I purchased a Domberman, five Pitbulls, and six Rottweilers. The house has cameras inside and outside, nobody gets in without a key or a keycode, and there's 24 hour security with gates.

Also, to ensure that we were on the same page, I decided to have a more tighter grip on Denise and Zoelle. It's not that I don't trust her, but I need to know who she talks to, why she talks to them, what the conversation was about, this is serious! I see guys looking at Denise whenever she's doing interviews or press work, and it pisses me off that 1) they're looking at her, and 2) that she won't tell these niggas to let her breathe because she's taken.

I came home from another exhausting recording session with the guys and I was elated to be with my girls. That is, until I realized there was someone else in the house. I asked Denise to decorate the house with a friend of hers. The problem? She never told me WHICH friend it was.I walked in the door and saw Denise being playful with a guy wearing a navy blue shirt with green pants and yellow Doc Martens. Who the fuck dressed him? Elton John? I don't know who this "friend" is, but he's getting his ass the fuck out of here. Not now, but RIGHT now!!!

Denise: Hi baby!  This is Marco!

Pissed off, I punched him and he fell on the floor. 

Marco: Ow! Hold up!

Denise: DeVante, what the hell are you doing?

Me: WHO IS THIS!? WHAT THE FUCK DID I TELL YOU ABOUT HAVING STRANGERS IN OUR HOUSE!? ARE YOU FUCKING AROUND ON ME WITH THIS NIGGA? 

Denise: No!

Marco got up, his lip and nose bleeding, cleared his throat to speak.

Marco: I'm Denise's friend! 

Me: Well you can "friend" ya muthafuckin' ass out of here before I put you six feet under, nigga!

Marco: This isn't what it looks like, DeVante!

Denise: Baby, stop!

Marco: I'M GAY!!!

Then, the room went silent. Denise glared at me and then put tissue on Marco, who was bleeding quite hard.

Denise: You have a serious problem, my friend!

Me: OH I GOT A PROBLEM!? I DON'T KNOW THIS NIGGA!!! I TOLD YOU ABOUT LETTING RANDOM PEOPLE IN HERE!

Denise: You need help!

Me: Fuck you!

Denise: I'm tired of this, I'll take you to the hospital Marco, it's okay. DeVante wants to throw temper tantrums.

She pushed past me and I grabbed her arm.

Me: You think this is a game!? I'm not fucking playing with you! 

Denise: Goddamnit DeVante, you're hurting me!

I let go and she grabbed her car keys, I stood in her way and she screamed at me to move.

Me: Where are you goin'?

Denise: Away from you!

Me: You going to fuck around on me, you disloyal ass bitch!

She stepped up closer in my face.

Denise: The only bitch I see is you!

With that, she took it there! I went from 0-100 in a millisecond! The next thing I know, my right hand goes across her face! Denise's hair went flying across her face. I grabbed her and shook her.

Me: You look at me when I'm talking to you!

She fell on the floor but got upstairs. I ran up there after her and threw her things all over the place!

Me: YOU WANNA LEAVE!? WHAT KIND OF LOVE IS THAT!? YOU LOST YA MIND! 

Denise: What's wrong with you!?

Me: YOU THE REASON WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME, YOU AND THAT FUCKIN' CUNT BABY ARE THE REASON I'M LIKE THIS! ALWAYS IN MY FACE!

Denise: WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU!?

Me: YOU SUPPOSED TO BE MY WOMAN!! YOU FUCKIN' DOGGIN' ME OUT, STEALING FROM ME! BEING DISLOYAL!

Denise: I ain't done none of that!

Me: YES YOU DID!

Denise: I would never steal from you, I love you!

Me: I DON'T NEED THIS SHIT! AND I DAMN SURE DON'T NEED YOU, OR ZOELLE! YOU REMEMBER THAT! 

I took some money under the bed and shoved it in her face.

Me: HERE, HERE! YOU WANT THAT!? LAST YOU TWO FUCKING DAYS!? GREEDY BITCH!!

She cried and moved away from me, rushing into the next room to grab Zoelle. Little one started to cry and held on to her Mama for dear life. She never does that with her, only with me when she's super scared or something. I grabbed Denise by the hair and led her downstairs, opening the door with one hand and pushed her out on the ground with the baby in her arms.

Denise: DeVante please, I have nowhere else to go out here! 

Me: GET THE FUCK ON! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! 

She put the car in drive and sped off. 

 THE NEXT MORNING.....

DENISE POV

I woke up next to Zoelle in Marco's living room. She was sound asleep, so I quietly crept off the couch and into the kitchen where Marco was fixing breakfast: pancakes, eggs, bacon, and orange juice. He had a huge bandage on his nose, and smiled when he saw me. 

Me: I'm sorry...

Marco: It's not your fault. Is my pumpkin pie up?

Me: No.

On second thought, she was! I heard her cries and immediately picked her up.

Me: Baby, what's wrong?

Zoelle: I had a bad dweam, Mama. Dada hit you!

Me: Oh, come here.

I don't want to warp her mind and tell her that the dream was real. We sat down at the table and ate. I decided to go stay with Pamela for a little while back in New York, but I had to drive back to the house to get the rest of my things. I told Marco I would call him in a few days or so, and headed back. When I got there, I realized that all of our things were thrown out in the street, broken and damaged. I cried as I looked at all my clothes, jewelry, books, magazines, and even our family photos damaged in the pile. 

Zoelle: Mommy?

I walked back to the car and drove back to New York. Everything I worked so hard to give my daughter went down the drain, again. We'll have to make a fresh start, just me and her...once again. But that's okay, as long as I have her, we'll be alright.