Chapter Twenty-Four: Same Ol' G

DENISE POV

Following our fight in his Range Rover, DeVante and I were both charged with disturbing the peace and felonious assault of one another. We have to stay away from each other for the next nine months (via restraining order), and that's going to be pretty hard considering that Zoelle is now his daughter. However, we drew up a custody agreement where DeVante got her every other weekend, and holidays. We still love each other, but we just can't be together because of everything in the past.

I left my position as creative director of Uptown because I just want to be a mother. Raheem is in prison for, you guessed it! Rape. I bet that mofo is in PC too scared to close his eyes at night. Serves him right. Now, I'm a young single mother....right back where I started. Since it's DeVante's turn to have Zoelle, I made a ladies' night with my girls: T-Boz, Mary J. Blige, Reign, and Pamela. We're going to Las Vegas to see one of DeVante's artists (and my old friend Ginuwine) perform in concert.

We got front row seats and that concert was so crackin' that all the ladies needed a new pair of panties afterwards. Ginuwine, (his real name is Elgin) went to high school together. We never dated, but I have to say that he grew into his looks, most definitely.

AFTER THE CONCERT....

I wanted to go back to our hotel, but Ginuwine insisted that I come alone backstage so we can catch up. I went inside and he gave me a long hug. Oooh, that cologne gave me LIFE!!! He whispered in my ear "Damn, you so beautiful baby." I giggled and we pulled away.

Ginuwine: How have things been?

Me: Pretty well. I have a little girl, she'll be five this year.

Ginuwine: Yeah, DeVante told me. I felt some kind of way when I found out what went down between ya'll.

Me: Yeah. I still love him, but it's just too much.

Ginuwine: Look, I don't want to beat around the bush. I know what went down with the whole Raheem situation, I know how DeVante let you down in the past, but I've had feelings for you for a LONG time. I want you. DeVante doesn't deserve you, I do!

I was shocked. We always firted and joked together as teens, but I never thought that Ginuwine had feelings for me. I want him too, but what about DeVante? There's some unfinished business....but I can't sit back wondering if he feels the same. It's been a year, and I want some happiness.

Me: I've been hurt so much, let down so much, how are you different?

He got up from the chair and kissed me passionately. Before the kiss could get any deeper, I pulled away. After all, we know what went down the first night with me and DeVante.

Me: I..

Ginuwine: Did I do something wrong?

Me: No. I just don't want to move too fast is all.

Ginuwine: So that's a yes?

I nodded my head yes.

Ginuwine: Say it.

Me: Yes!

We hugged and smiled a each other. I guess it's goodbye DeVante, hello Ginuwine!