Chapter Twenty-Five: "Ah, HELL NAH!!!"

DENISE POV

DeVante is LIVID that Ginuwine and I are dating, but I don't really care what he has to say. If he was man enough to handle his responsibilities and do what he says he'll do, we'd still be together. Speaking of Ginuwine, I have to say that things between us aren't going the way I want them to. He stays out late, comes home smelling like another woman, and when we do our thing, he's rough and aggressive. He doesn't look at me or anything, he only does it from behind and the side. I'm not a hoe, so don't go treating me like one! On top of it, he isn't really into bonding with Zoelle. I don't want to tell DeVante because he'll throw it in my face like I can't handle shit without him. I mean, Ginuwine gets mad when I fall asleep in bed with her, talking about "You're with me, you belong in my bed." I don't know what this nigga is smoking, but I will never and I mean NEVER choose a man over my baby. Ain't no dick in the world that serious!

I'm ready to quit this nigga, tired ass...

GINUWINE POV

My relationship with Denise ain't what I thought it would be. When I'm in a relationship, you're mine and mine only. I think her little girl is cute and everything, but I ain't really trying to be Daddy to her. That's DeVante's job. So I don't care for the kid, big fucking deal. To ease the tension, I decided to take Denise and Zoelle to the drive-in movie theater. I know that Pocahontas is out right now so she'll love it. Also, I can get some action know what I mean?

I looked in the back seat and little Zoelle was knocked out. I smirked and focused my attention on Denise.

Me: C'mere.

Denise: What is it, Elgin?

Me: Slide over here, babe. C'mon.

Denise: What?

Me: Babe, c'mon...slide your head in my lap.

She fipped me off.

Me: Why you actin' like such a motherfuckin' bitch right now man!?

Denise: First off, I'm not a bitch! I don't know about those loose pussy ass chickenheads you dealt with in the past, but I ain't the one! Second of all, you aren't getting head...especially when my child is in the back seat! You got me fucked up! As a matter of fact, let me out this bitch before I fuck you up!

She reached for Zoelle, but I stopped her and pushed her against the window.

Me: I'm tired of playing nice, you doggin me and shit! The fuck you think this is?

She pushed away from me and got out the car. I got out and ran after her.

Denise: Don't come near me.

Me: What you mean don't come near you?

Denise: I said back away from me!

She turned her back to me, and that shit made me mad as fuck.

Me: I told you about that shit, don't do it!

Denise: Don't touch me,  I already told you NOT to touch me!

Me: Don't turn ya back on me, then!

Denise: I need to turn my back on you, bitch!

I yanked her arm and pulled her closer to me.

Denise: Aaah!

I heard little pit-pat steps on the ground and saw Zoelle crying and screaming.

Me: YOU LITTLE CUNT! GET BACK IN THE CAR!

Zoelle: YOU LEAVE MY MOMMY ALONE! I'MMA TELL MY DADDY!

Me: FUCK YOU AND YOUR DADDY!!!

Zoelle: MAMA!!!

DEVANTE POV

It's been a while since I've seen Denise. I'm pissed off that she's dating my artist, Ginuwine. I don't give a fuck how long they been knowing each other, he knew better than to cross that line. He may seem sweet and gentle on the outside, but that nigga has serious control issues. I'm no saint, but I never ever put Denise in the position where she had to choose me over our daughter.

I was chilling at the movie theater with my family. I went to get my Mama some food from the concession stand when I heard a little girl screaming! That scream sounded VERY familiar like it was Zoelle. I ran over and....ah HELL NAH!!! I saw Ginuwine whooping my baby with a belt. I've hurt Denise in the past, but I NEVER and I mean NEVER laid hands on Zoelle. I don't know what the fuck Ginuwine and Raheem been smoking, but I'm ready to beat that ass! You are not about to hurt my girls!  Before Derek and Dalvin had the chance to stop me, I went up and got him off my baby.

Dalvin: Damn man, stop DeVante!

Derek: Beat that nigga ass! Fawwk you mean!

I began kicking, punching, and body slamming Ginuwine on the pavement. By this time there was a big crowd of people. I was about to deliver another blow when I saw Denise coming with a baseball bat, screaming at the top of her lungs with a bloodied nose. I grabbed her from behind and tried to calm her down.

Denise: YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!! HURTING MY BABY!??? I'LL FEED YOU YA FUCKIN' HEART!!! FUCK WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO, I'LL BEAT THE SHIT OF YOU!!! FUCK YOU!

She spit on him and struggled with me.

Me: Calm down! I got him babe, I got him.

Zoelle was crying hysterically on the ground. I picked her up and soothed her.

Me: Baby girl. C'mere, it's okay babe. Ssssh...the bad man's gone.

She quieted down and I looked at Denise, she wiped the tears from my eyes. I know this isn't going to bring us back together, but in a way I hope it does. I can argue with Denise, but I refuse to live without her or Zoelle. I want my family back, and whatever I have to do, I'll do. I want my family back, and I'll fight for them to Hell and back because without them, I'm worthless.