Chapter Six: "I Can't Believe You!"

Author's Note: I decided to make Denise a mother in the story because it adds more spice and depth to the story! Okay, PROCEED!!!

DENISE POV

I want to keep my relationship with DeVante professional, but ever since the album release party I've found myself thinking of him more and more. We have this vibe between us, but there's a lot of stuff within me personally that I have to fix before I can get with him. He's sweet, kindhearted, understanding, compassionate....but I don't want him getting caught up my shit. I know I've told him about my dad's death and Zoelle, but that's the tip of the iceberg!

Today, Zoelle and I are going to the park. It was a very nice day too! I put on a tube top, some shorts, and gym shoes. I had my hair down and Zoelle matched right along with her Mommy. I decided to take Junjo too. I packed Zoelle's diaper bag, stroller, snack pouch along with Junjo's bag of doggy treats, plastic bag, water, and food. After 45 minutes, we were out the door and took the drive to Central Park. Zoelle was quitely resting in her baby carrier, which gave me the opportunity to walk Junjo with my free hands.

Me: You okay, Sugarplum?

Zoelle: Yump!

I giggled as we reached the basketball court. I took a bite of a rice cake from the snack pouch and walked along the fence, showing Zoelle the players inside.

Me: See them? They're playing! Fun. right?

She blubbed her lips together in response and I laughed. This little girl gives me life.

DEVANTE POV

I was playing basketball with my crew when I noticed a familiar looking woman with something strapped on her body. She was looking down in it, smiling and laughing. I threw the ball to Dalvin and started to walk off.

Treach: Nigga, we in the middle of a game!

Me: Time out! Gimme 20!

Tone Loc: Good, my ass tired anyways.

Me: Excuse me, miss?

She looked at me and sure enough it was Denise, and the little pouch on her body was a baby carrier which had her daughter Zoelle inside it.

Denise: Hi DeVante!

Me: Getting some fresh air?

Denise: Yes, me and my Sugarplum. Zoelle, someone wants to meet you!

She readjusted the carrier so Zoelle was facing the court. What a beautiful little girl! She had a head full of hair, light skin, and hazel eyes. Now, ya'll may see me as a hard man, but I have a VERY soft spot for kids.  My heart melted looking at that little girl.

Me: Hi, I'm DeVante. Are you Zoelle? I've heard a lot about you...

She smiled at me. She smiled at me! I laughed.

Me: You're so beautiful...yes you are...you take after ya Mama!

Denise smiled.

Me: Can you convince your Mama to let me take her out for dinner again?

Denise: Don't you go corrupting my baby, fool!

She sniffed, laughed again and then said something.....something profound!

Zoelle: Dada!

Denise and I looked at each other. Oh ho ho, this little baby thinks I'M her Daddy? I used to be the main one complaining about how I didn't want any babies of my own, but this right here is making me feel VERY differently!