Chapter Twenty: Cry For You

DENISE POV

I checked out of the hospital after two hours and went back to the hotel room for a nap. The doctors told me to breathe and relax. When I got back, I noticed that the guys were gone which I found to be a total relief. I went to my side of the room and slept.

DEVANTE POV

Me and the crew had just come from dinner when we heard light snores.

K-Ci: Oh, Denise is back?

Jojo: Yeah. I told you she'd be back! I'm glad I thought to give her some food. Ya'll ain't shit.

Dalvin: Man, I'm about to watch tv.

I went into her room and saw her sleeping peacefully on the bed, and put some cover on her because she felt cold. She opened her eyes and turned away from me.

Me: Are you hungry?

Denise: What do you care?

Me: I always care.

Denise: Yeah, you showed it when you threw my stuff in the street.

She got up and headed for the door, but I blocked it. I know she was upset, but I need to let her know what's on my mind.

Me: You're gonna sit down, and you're gonna listen to what I have to say!

Denise: Get out of my room.

She sighed and sat back down on the bed.

Me: Baby, I haven't been myself.

Denise: I know, trust me.

Me: I never meant to hurt you like that. These past few days I've been just....confused. Confused because of how I acted.

Denise: Do you know what Zoelle said to me?

Me: What did she say?

Denise: "Tell Daddy that I love him, even though he doesn't love us anymore."

With that, tears streamed down my face. I'm really fucking shit up now.

Denise: I let her down...I let her down thinking that you would be a father to her. I...don't understand, or how you can think I would steal from you!

Me: I know, and I'm sorry.

Denise: I do everything for you! I cook, clean, love, and care for you and Zoelle. I wanted a family, I wanted this to be something and you just....

Me: I'm sorry....please give me another chance. I love you, and I'm sorry.

Denise (crying): That's not fair...how can you hurt me like this? I can't do this!

I was on my knees at this point, crying and wrapping my arms around her waist. I love this woman, I need this woman. Without her I'm worthless, and I'm a bum without her. I can argue with her, but I can't live without her.

Denise: DeVante stop! You fucked up, stop!

Me (crying): Baby please, I love you! I don't want nothing else....just give me a chance.

Denise: No, you....

She finally relented and we tearfully embraced. I wiped her tears and vice versa. I pulled out a locket and put it around her neck.

Me: Here, I don't want you to ever walk around without knowing how much I love you.

She opened it and there was a picture of me, her, and Zoelle. She kissed me and we lied on the floor, together again....pondering how we could put this behind us and move forward as a...family.