01

"I MADE SO MANY MISTAKES" she screamed, "I REGRET RUINING MY LIFE! I REGRET MARRYING YOUR FATHER AND I REGRET HAVING YOU! IF ONLY WE HAD DROPPED THE IDEA OF CHASING AFTER OUR DREAMS

"I MADE SO MANY MISTAKES" she screamed, "I REGRET RUINING MY LIFE! I REGRET MARRYING YOUR FATHER AND I REGRET HAVING YOU! IF ONLY WE HAD DROPPED THE IDEA OF CHASING AFTER OUR DREAMS....THEN" and she kept screaming. The person infront of HanByeol didn't seem like a mother to her. She looked like a VENOMOUS MONSTER.

"I'm sorry" That's what she had said before beckoning herself out of the house. She didn't have much with her, just a suitcase full of clothes and necessities....and her beloved GUITAR.

With the growing ache in her heart, HanByeol wondered around the empty streets. Feeling weary and tired she finally plopped down on an empty bench in the middle of the street.

For the past 18 years, all she ever heard from her mother was how she was completely a MISTAKE, a FAILURE and a indicator of her Mother's RUINED LIFE. Immense sadness washed over her when she recalled all the harsh and cruel words her only person in the world had thrown at her.

"I shouldn't even have been born" tears dripped her face as she clutched onto her shirt. Gazing up the night sky, she wished for it to fall on her and hearing her pleas, it opened. Droplets of rain started pouring down.

HanByeol didn't even try to cover herself or yield a shelter. She watched the strong downpour transform into light drizzle. Sighing deeply she glanced at the now clear sky, her brows furrowing deeply when she observed the moon. The celestial body had casted out a shadow, one identical to it..almost like it's clone.

"Huh?" Blinking a few times to confirm the appearance of not one but two moons, she gasped in surprise at the abrupt scene infront of her. A Store with weird neon lights that didn't belong to the aesthetic of the current generation and that too in the middle of nowhere.

"VIVA LA VIDA?!" she exclaimed out loud. HanByeol felt her feet being compelled towards the store, unable to tear her mind off it. A waft of oldness resounded the store as she stepped foot in the store, with various musical instruments aligned on the shelves. A sense of comfort washed over HanByeol, finding belonging in the place.

"Hello?" She called out to no one in particular and decided to look herself around the store. The girl was busy examining the guitars when a loud voice boomed throughout the room, startling her.

"WELCOME! Another customer today! Lovely" It was the Owner. Bowing respectfully, she greeted the man. "What would you like to see? I see you're interested in guitars-" he kept on rambling while HanByeol stood there not being able to cut him off.

"Actually, I want to sell off my guitar" handing over her instrument, she watched him give her a weird look after touching the wet cover of the guitar. "Need something to dry yourself?" Shaking her head, she urged him to examine the instrument.

"It's a quiet unique piece!! Antic even" She smiled at his words, admiring her precious guitar. "Are you sure you want to sell this off?" Unable to hold on any longer she began bargaining the right price for  her instrument.

"Keep this transaction slip" he handed her the slip, "If you ever wanna come back" HanByeol shook her head, disagreeing with his opinion. It only resulted in him pushing the slip further towards her, "DON'T LOOSE IT OR ELSE YOU'LL BE IN BIG TROUBLE" taking hold of the paper and the money he had placed in a plastic bag, she began to storm off the store.... weirded out.

"VIVA LA VIDA! HAVE A NICE TRIP?" She heard his loud voice while she escaped the place. HanByeol couldn't keep her eyes open as bright light flashed infront of her.

"Huh?" the bustling sound of the city reached her eyes, she recalled how silent the night was. People scattered all across the street. Vendors selling their goods, cars honking their horns. The Seoul that she knew looked completely different than how it was perceived right now.

"What in the world-" she heard loud commotion taking place right besides her as she whipped her head. towards the sound. 3 people conversing with each other, practically yelling at each other.

"Ha Eun Gyeol?"