25

"We won't see her till the school festival" A baffled and hurrying HanByeol rushed between their conversation, eagerly looking for the bowl of noodles her friends had promised to treat her to

"YOU'LL SAID YOU WOULD TREAT ME" HanByeol whined as she hit Yichan with her hands that were shut in fists. "Jihyo-yah" 'NOT AGAIN' She internally screamed.

Since yesterday, HanByeol was coming across people she wanted to avoid at all costs. The previous night, the girl had come to know that apparently Kim Jaehyung and Kang HyunYul were friends and Jaehyung had once again bugged her for her answer.

HanByeol had also come to facts with the realisation that no one knew that her parents were dating. Top Secrecy.

"They ate it all" HyunYul immediately raised his hands up, blaming the others for eating all the noddles up. "And you didn't?" HanByeol upset with various reasons, for instance ; The presence of Ha Eungyeol, Ha Eungyeol and her starving stomach, squirmed in HyunYul's embrace.

"Aww" He cooed, "Little Angel is angry" Eungyeol really wished he could punch HyunYul and pry his hands off HanByeol and he had the idea why he hoped so. "Jihyo?" Eungyeol called out to her once again but his voice was drowned out by the communication between the 5.

"Han Jihyo!" He knew she heard him this time but chose to ignore his calling, walking right past him with Yichan on her left and HyunYul on her right. "I'll treat you to snacks. Come on!" SiGuk grinned at her as she squealed in response to his words.

Though grudgingly, HanByeol waited for Yichan to complete his prep talk which only Eungyeol was paying heed to. The remaining three had run off even before Yichan could call out to them.

"I'm going home" A tug on her sleeves, halted her steps. "I need to talk to you" "I don't have anything to talk" HanByeol followed Ha Yichan who laced his hands on her shoulders, kissing her cheeks. HanByeol giggled at his gesture. From Ha Eungyeol's point of view, the both of them looked adorable with the sun basking them.

"How's your grandmother? Is she well?" and this is how it led for the trio to arrive at the guesthouse. "Oh my god!" Yichan' grandmother greeted both of them, Eungyeol and HanByeol.

"Oh my!! How did you get hurt?" The woman inquired about HanByeol's injury, "Ahh this! I slipped down the stairs" Yichan joined his hands together, grateful that she didn't mention the fight.
"You should be more careful, kid"

"I can't stay for dinner" HanByeol tried refusing the proposal to stay for dinner but the aged woman was adamant on the girl staying. "It has been too long since you came to visit"

Eventually they had settled down to eat, until Yichan' grandmother instructed for the both of them to get some scorched rice tea. HanByeol getting the hint that his grandmother wanted to have a private conversation with Eungyeol, dragged her bestfriend with her.

"You really don't know how to read the room" Yichan tightened his clutch onto her arm, engulfing her in a hug as he leaned against the wall, eavesdropping on the conversation taking place inside.

"Stay like this for awhile" Though he had hugged her to stop her, Yichan found solace in her embrace. Nestling his head in the crook of her neck, the male sighed a deep breath. "There's something I need to do" The pair heard Eungyeol speak, "I'll return after I've accomplished doing that"

HanByeol looked up at Yichan who had tears brimming in the corner of his eyes but he didn't let them out. "I know you won't turn out like your dad" the female whispered in his chest, "You'll be this amazing human and the best father you can be"

"HEY!! HA YICHAN" A sprinting HanByeol ran towards the male duo, "Wait for me, will you?" panting and stumbling, she grabbed onto the sleeves of his jacket. Ha Eungyeol looked at her, worry pulsing through his mind. Not only was Yichan injured, trying to find him but so was HanByeol and the wounds still weren't healed.

"Let's go-" Yichan laced his arms through her, "I could take her home" Eungyeol immediately cut off the other male, eager to have a conversation with HanByeol. "No" The girl disagreed and dragged along Yichan, "Yichan will accompany me home"

Eungyeol was desperate to let HanByeol know as to what was happening in his life lately but his friend was adamant on not having any sorts of communication with the boy. The boy eagerly turned towards Yichan, asking for his help but only earned a shrug in reply.

Bracing himself, Eungyeol suddenly grabbed onto HanByeol's free hand which alerted the female. "Please" his eyes were glossy, tears almost threatening to fall out.

"Chan-ah" Removing her arms from his grasp, HanByeol directed herself towards Yichan, "You should go" Yichan' gaze frantically glanced between both of the teens, unsure of his next step. HanByeol was skeptical to talk to Eungyeol but the male seemed like he wanted to reveal something.

"Are you sure?" No matter how much he tried to suppress his protectiveness towards his bestfriend, he couldn't, even if it was just Ha Eungyeol.

"Yes"