19

Hearing the continuous ring of the telephone emerging from the phone booth, HanByeol bolted towards the booth

Strangling the device near her ear, HanByeol yelled to the person on the other line "GET ME OUT OF HERE"
The man on the other line, distanced the phone from him to spare his hearing.

"Relax, Young Lady" Tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes. "My mom has fled from her house and I don't even know where my father is, not that I care"

She didn't stop the water pouring out her eyes and down her cheeks. "I can't find my friend, Eungyeol and I'm so worried as to where he is" The female kept on ranting and venting about the struggles she's facing in her life.

"I don't care-" HanByeol stopped mid sentence when she heard the 'Master' speak, "Everything changed the moment you started pretending to be your mother"

Memories of how abruptly she was being named as HAN JIHYO flashed through her mind. "All the people that came across you, all their fate has been altered. You need to make sure they go back on the right track"

"But how?" HanByeol was trembling with agony and anger. "That is for you to figure out" Without even giving her a chance to speak again, Master greeted her goodbye. "Till then"

"GOODBYE~"

Waking up while sweating, HanByeol looked around the place that she had been thrown into every night. Her scavenging for Eungyeol the whole day before had only added to her bunch of wounds due to her arriving home past midnight.

Taking it upon herself to find Ha Eungyeol, the girl dressed herself in her school uniform. Speed walking through the streets and alleys of Seoul, she reached out for a Polaroid Photo she had with Eungyeol, enquiring about his whereabouts to the pedestrians.

With slumped shoulders, HanByeol plopped down on a bench in the middle of the street. "Jihyo?!" at the peak of a familiar voice, the female perked up.
"I can't find Ha Eungyeol!" Her plea was frantic, her voice quickering with emotions.

If Yichan hadn't brought forth his arms to hold her, HanByeol would've met the cold ground as her knees buckled with fear and sorrow. "It's alright! We'll search for him together"

Yichan was infamous for being childish and carefree yet when it came to HanByeol and her well-being, the teen transformed into serious and protective brother-slash-friend.

HanByeol hadn't noticed the hues of the skies that were once blue and white and now being tainted by a shade of yellow and orange. The day approaching it's end and the night was just about to set in.

Rushing past her, Yichan had returned with a bunch of papers in his hands. "I've printed this posters. Let's put this up" Glancing at the contents scribbled on the poster, HanByeol sighed at Eungyeol's missing report and Yichan' efforts to find the boy.

"Please let us know if you've seen him" HanByeol only sighed when she noticed all the flyers and pamplets only landing on the streets after people had scanned through them.

"Where did he run off to?" Yichan took a seat besides the female, squeezing her shoulders in attempts to comfort her.

The tears accumulating in her eyes finally was let out, a sob racking her body. The male knew she needed to breakdown in order to let out her bottled feelings and emotions.

"I know it's the worst timing ever" breathing in a inhale, Yichan composed himself for his further question. "What had happened to you that night-"

The ring of his beeper, diverted his attention towards it while HanByeol was grateful for the interruption. She herself didn't know how to explain her condition to anyone and was adamant on keeping it a secret.