04

"THAT DARN MASTER" Both Eungyeol and HanByeol woke up with a jerk, screaming the same thing

"THAT DARN MASTER" Both Eungyeol and HanByeol woke up with a jerk, screaming the same thing. "He called you too?" the male asked as the girl nodded her head, busy smoothing her morning hair.

Wandering around the busy morning streets, the pair gazed around with their starving stomachs. "Wait" Eungyeol once again stopped in his tracks, "I told you we can't buy-" He pulled her back by her jacket, his eyes widening when he examined her face.

"Isn't that.. that you?" HanByeol looked over the poster that Eungyeol was pointing at, "That is..me" "you" they ended at the same time. Clicking her tongue at their similarities, peering closely towards the poster stuck on the wall.

"That's my mom!" She proclaimed after examining the name written on it. "Why is your mother declared missing for 3 day?" HanByeol glared at the boy, giving praises to his stupidity. "How the fuck am I supposed to know that?" Eungyeol glanced around him in terror.

"You can't swear like that" pressing his palm against her mouth, he muffled her rants. "My mom was sort of rebellious in her age. Maybe she ran away or something" Eungyeol looked baffled at the calmness in her voice.

"Since I need a shelter, I'LL TRY MY LUCK AT HER HOUSE" Eungyeol felt betrayed by her plan, "Are you crazy? And what... what about me?" Shushing him, she placed her index finger on his lips, feeling embarrassed at the attention they were getting.

"Come here" They were talking in an alley, empty and deserted. "Tell me 'bout your scheme then" the girl crossed her arms over her chest, eager to hear Eungyeol's plan of action. "Fine but what will I do? Where should I stay?"

Putting her arms over his shoulder, "If everything goes as planned, I'll try to arrange something for you. If not anything, atleast gather some money so you could yeild at a motel or something" Pursing his lips in thought, Eungyeol bopped her head.

"I'll try meeting my dad again" With that the pair parted their ways, embarking on their own journey.  Hanbyeol seeked the directions from strangers and the address from the posters propped up on the roads.

She gasped as she stood before the house, her childhood home where she would visit every holiday. In the near future, the dwelling would be diminished due to constructions in the area and it brought tears to her eyes, nostalgia hitting her.

Carefully turning the knob, she peered inside, exhilarated to be back at the house again. "HAN JIHYO" A female voice screeched at her, as soon as she entered the property.

'Grandma!' HanByeol couldn't say it out loud but before she could process anything, a stinging pain spread across her cheek. The woman in front of her had slapped her, "Where have you been?"

'So I was right. Mom ran away' Hanbyeol didn't know what to say, "I'm sorry" she was immediately engulfed in a warm hug. "We were worried about you" the mere sentence flooded her eyes with tears.

Her own mother never cared enough to ask her about her day, forget about being worried for her. Her father's hand was never there to hold her since her childhood.

Getting back with her grandmother was another factor that made her sob in her arms. "Glad that you're back"