11

"I'LL TEACH YOU" HanByeol and Eungyeol yelled at the same time, looking at each other and nodding

"I'LL TEACH YOU" HanByeol and Eungyeol yelled at the same time, looking at each other and nodding. "Teach me what?" the idiot who had just tried killing-himself-to-be reincarnated-again, asked.

"Anything that you need" HanByeol dusted off the speck of dirt on her skirt, getting up after she had dived with Eungyeol to stop Yichan. "I need to go home now but I'll meet you'll later?!" She was unsure to leave Yichan alone in Eungyeol's hand, the former one being extremely weird and stupid.

"You rush home early nowadays. Everything's alright, right?" Forcing on a smile, she patted his back. "What would be wrong? My mom needed me so" HanByeol didn't explain any further while grabbing her backpack and saying her goodbyes to Yichan and MaJoo.

"You promised you would teach me" Chuckling at his words, HanByeol squished his cheeks between her hands. "I need to go home now" Giving his cheeks a last sqeeze, the girl hurried out.

The thundering voice of her father, startled the girl. "WHY WEREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL TODAY?" Another slap. HanByeol had become used to it at this point. Coming home each day, hearing her father's harsh and cruel words, getting slapped here and then and finally being thrown in the basement to get whipped.

If HanByeol could, she would've run away long ago but the girl neither had money on her nor had someone she knew who could give her refuge. If this was the case in the future, HanByeol surely would've bolted towards the 'HA' household but right now, she didn't have them.

She slept in the basement, sobbing by herself until the dark of night turned to the light of day. "I need to find a part time job" So that she could atleast escape the house and live somewhere else. She wondered if her mother got treated the same way or if she was the sole reason this was happening, the way she behaved and acted differently than her mother.

Eungyeol sat infront of a whining Yichan who was adamant he would find a job right after he graduated from highschool, "It's your grandmother's wish"

A tap on CheongAh's shoulder made her jerk her head up at the person behind, "What are you doing?" HanByeol spoke, smiling brightly. A sketchbook was placed on CheongAh's lap, a postcard clutched in her hand.

HanByeol waited for an answer but didn't get any. "Why are you sitting alone?" with that, CheongAh scribbled something on the sketchbook and passed it on to the girl. "No one wants to befriend me" she read out loud.

"Why?" HanByeol wrote her back to which the other female looked at her, baffled. "Because no one would want to befriend a deaf kid" HanByeol's eyes were wide with surprise and then embarrassment. The girl didn't know what to say as she glanced around her.

"What's your name?" HanByeol quickly regaining her posture, she signed towards CheongAh. The latter girl startled at the use of SIGN LANGUAGE, immediately scrambling to her feet while gathering her stuff and rushing out.

"Wait" HanByeol was about to rush towards her but held herself, giving the girl some space. "I never got her name" mumbling to herself, HanByeol was on her way to the classroom.

CheongAh was lost in her thoughts as a hand once again tapped her. "We meet again" HanByeol stood with a paper in her hand, the words written boldly on it. "I still didn't get your name" Immediately writing it, she showed it to CheongAh.

CheongAh stood there, frozen upon the efforts of the girl ahead of her who was trying to befriend her. "Hey!" HanByeol waved her hands infront of her face, snapping her out of her trance. Timidly, CheongAh grabbed the pen from HanByeol's fingers and wrote her name on the paper.

"Yoon CheongAh?!" Her exclaimation was too loud that she had to shush her own self. "She is Eungyeol's mom? Aunt CheongAh?! NO WAY!" she was mumbling to herself but averted to her attention when CheongAh wrote something on the paper once again.

"Seo HanByeol" a voice called out to her before she could introduce herself.