09

HanByeol covered herself in an extra jacket, trying to hide up her freshly received wounds and lashes

HanByeol covered herself in an extra jacket, trying to hide up her freshly received wounds and lashes. Putting on a cap, she gathered her backpack and made her way towards her school.

"Jihyo-yah!" Her mother called out to her to which she didn't respond and kept walking on her own way, "Are you okay?" A sarcastic smile was placed on HanByeol's face, "What would be wrong with me? I'm fine like always!"

Without glancing even once towards her heartbroken mother, HanByeol sprinted out the door. HanByeol just wanted to see that person and she knew all her worries would disappear yet her wish only led to disappointment as she didn't see Eungyeol the whole day. He was the only person who she could turn to in this time period.

Laying himself down on the bed, Eungyeol suddenly remembered that he hadn't seen HanByeol the whole day and he just has so many things to tell her. How he had to look over Yichan the entire day just so he wouldn't skip classes or the accident he had prevented that included his father.

Unable to catch any sleep, Eungyeol slowly sneaked out of the guesthouse. He walked too swiftly, his mind racing with countless thoughts and worries. HanByeol was the only person he could turn to in this time period and he wished she was alright.

"Ha Eungyeol?" A female voice called out to the running male making him come to a screeching halt. "HanByeol-ah" he breathed out her name in relief. Bad thoughts and ideas had occured in his mind when he realised he hadn't heard from her all throughout the day.

Without wasting another second, Eungyeol brought her in his embrace but the boy missed the wince that was rumbled out by the girl, her wounds aching with the touch. "Are you okay?" Slowly nodding, HanByeol was startled at his sudden change of character.

"So you're telling me, your dad had met with an accident that led him to become deaf?" The pair were sat on the swings in the nearby playground, popsicles in their hands. This was the only thing HanByeol had eaten all around the day.

"And you have a battle with a bassist tomorrow?" Eungyeol only nodded at her words, "Want me to come help you?" Pondering on her words, the boy could only agree to her words. "How's everything at your home?"

HanByeol wondered if she should tell him the truth but a voice hidden deep inside her said to do the otherwise. She didn't want the boy to be worried when he himself had so much on his plate.

"Everything's great! Atleast better than the one in the future!" No, It wasn't! It was so much worse! Eungyeol and Eunho knew how her mother treated her and how much the girl had wanted to escape and start anew somewhere else.

"How did it feel performing with your dad today? I know he opposed of you being in a band so much!" HanByeol was the only person who knew about the argument Eungyeol had with his father before traveling back in time.

"It felt" His eyes were sparkling brightly, "Surreal" The smile he had on his face melted HanByeol's heart, "Almost like a dream come true" She wasn't supposed to laugh but a sudden thought made her snicker.

"What?" Eungyeol whined at her behaviour, "But your dad made a band for a girl! That's fucking absurd!" HanByeol had gone red while trying to hold in her laughter, dying out of air.

"That's true but he is so much different than the 45 year old dad that I have lived with" Gazing at the time, HanByeol scurried to her feet, afraid of the consequences she might face if she reached home late.

"I'm late" scuffing the wrapper of the ice cream in his hand, "I need to go" She strapped her backpack carelessly to her shoulders. Turning towards him she raised her hands in the air. Terrified that she might hit him like always, Eungyeol defended his face with his hands.

He felt HanByeol's hand graze against his lips, "You'll always be a messy eater. Tchh!" Eungyeol thanked God that it was the dull of night due to which HanByeol couldn't see the deepened blush on his face.

"I'll come to support you tomorrow! Bye Bye" and with that last greeting she stormed off. "Why is my heart palpitating so much?" His heart rate only increased as he recalled her soft fingers wiping off the cream on his lips.

"Seo HanByeol?!"