28

"STOP HANGING OUT WITH BOYS, SLUT" Another slap that echoed the basement

"STOP HANGING OUT WITH BOYS, SLUT" Another slap that echoed the basement. HanByeol was tired of it all but she couldn't fight back, not when she was muddled about her future plans. "I-im not.. they are my friends"

The female hoped she had a mobile phone which she could use to recieve help, there were people out there who would give up anything to protect her. "Stop talking back" HanByeol screeched in pain as her hair was being pulled out of her roots.

"Throw her in" She had enough. She had enough of it all but HanByeol couldn't escape from this place that was known as her home but in reality was a hellhole. The darkness around her was creeping upto her until she heard the door of the basement, barging open.

"Miss.Seo" the female felt shivers when she realised the servant was being formal with her, knowing something was up. "Your friend is here to visit. Mr.Seo awaits your arrival, kindly ready yourself and be out there."

"We go to the same school, sir" the familiar voice calmed her withering and trembling soul, slow steps transforming into long strides towards the living room where the sounds were emitting from. "Ha Eungyeol?!" HanByeol wanted to run in his arms, eager to vanish into thin air from this household.

"Take a seat, dear" The teenage girl felt shiver run down her spine at the honey laced tone in her father's annotation, "Y-yeah" Eungyeol was still in his school uniform, a different kind of expression adorning his face.

"Your friend right here had something to discuss about regarding your project" Her mother indifferently spoke, raising a brow at the statement, HanByeol gazed at the male who only nodded at her.

"You'll can talk in your room-" "Actually, we have to go to the nearby library for researching about the topic. So if you don't mind-" Ha Eungyeol had immediately cut off her father who looked somewhat displeased at the interruption.

"If it concerns her grades, then alright but be sure to come home in time" Grabbing her jacket and purse, HanByeol hurried out without even waiting for Eungyeol who rushed behind the girl.

Sidling further away from the house, Seo HanByeol had almost began to bolt in fear but paused in her steps as Eungyeol laced his arms through her. "Why are you trembling, HanByeol-ah?"

Eungyeol had taken notice of her wierd behaviour back in the moment when she had first appeared. She felt scared as if she desired to escape the place right there and then. "It's nothing"

Plopping down on a bench, HanByeol tried taking in deep breaths but failed as it came out harboured and heavy. "There's something going on, HanByeol-ah. You feel frightened everytime you're in your house or anywhere near your parents"

Averting her gaze away from him, HanByeol tried changing the subject. "Why did you come in search of me?" Eungyeol wasn't dumb to realise, the female was trying to switch gears but the boy wasn't gonna let it go.

Ha Eungyeol still hadn't known the cause of her wounds and injuries that were embedded on her body that HanByeol had tried hiding it from the teen. "I won't let you switch up topics today"

Sighing, HanByeol sprung up from her seat, "If you don't have anything to say... I'll be on my way" Following her quickly, Eungyeol blocked out her path. "You aren't going anywhere without telling me what's wrong"

"Han Jihyo" A loud and booming voice caught their attention. "Ha Yichan" HanByeol almost sounded relieved that the boy had popped up and she could get rid of Eungyeol's adamant behaviour as to why something was wrong with the female.

"I really need to tell you something. Come with me" Without even acknowledging Eungyeol's presence, Yichan dragged her away. The flabbergasted male tried stopping them but the other two got busy in their own conversations

"Are you just dumb or are you just dumb?" Yichan side eyed his bestfriend, holding himself back to smack her head. "You must be blind not to know that CheongAh likes you"

Slurping her juice, HanByeol giggled at the thought of CheongAh being so straightforward in the past. "What happened with Kim Jaehyung then?" Groaning in frustration, the female laced her arms through Yichan'.

"You need to keep this hidden, okay?" Nodding at her words, "We had been dating for awhile back then" She had expected an reaction that would really be overboard, HanByeol tried closing her eyes but failed as Yichan flew in the air. "WHAT?"

"But we broke up few days ago because he apparently didn't seem invested in the relationship. I was moving on but he's back" Casting her gaze downwards, HanByeol didn't really know what else to convey more than this.

"You wanna get back with him?" Shaking her head at his query, "Then there you are" pulling her close to him, Yichan snaked his arms around her shoulders. "It's not that easy. The decision that I take now would determine my future"

Puzzled at her serious behaviour, the male perked up. "What do you mean by that?" "If I don't get back with him, I won't be able to exist in the future"

In a moment of vulnerability and confusion, HanByeol had blurted out everything which had only left Yichan more dazed and frozen. "Just forget I said something"

"Why do you and Ha Eungyeol always say things that don't make any sense?"