26

The only noise that echoed the street while the pair walked home was that of their footsteps and the leaves crunching beneath their feet

The only noise that echoed the street while the pair walked home was that of their footsteps and the leaves crunching beneath their feet. "Umm" Eungyeol didn't know where to begin, he just knew he was required to get this off his chest.

Quietude descended after his hesitation, Seo HanByeol wasn't going to talk to him unless he did. "How's your injury?" Eungyeol despised the awkwardness plummeting around them.

"Fine" Her reply was curt and it led shivers to splinter down his spine. He hated how the bond that had turned into something great and impactful over the last few days had once again returned back to square one.

"Look-" "Do you really like Choi Sekyung?" HanByeol just couldn't keep it in any longer, curious and heartbroken to know his feelings. The female couldn't acknowledge as to when she had began liking the male and she didn't know until he proclaimed that he liked someone else.

"I-" Eungyeol stuttered in his speech, unsure if he should exclaim the truth that he only announced his liking towards the other female because he didn't want his father to end up with Sekyung.

"Do you really like her?" HanByeol repeated her question, with a tone much more stern and serious. "I-" His hesitation was angering the female to an another level.

"I asked" breathing through her nose, "Do you like CHOI SEKYUNG?" Indecisiveness was evident on his features. "ANSWER ME, DAMMIT" Frustration etched onto her face, HanByeol shook Eungyeol by his shoulders.

"Why do you care?" The articulation was soft, just above a whisper. "Huh?" "I SAID WHY DO YOU CARE?" Silence. The chirping of insects were all they could hear. "I-I" She wished she had an answer but she did, HanByeol just didn't want to say it out loud. Because if she did, it would just seem more real that SEO HANBYEOL had fallen in love with the boy standing infront of her.

Her once enemy turned bestfriend...Ha Eungyeol.

"I don't-" Cutting her sentence off, Eungyeol stepped closer to the girl who backed away in her steps. "Give me an answer and I'll give you one" Eungyeol couldn't ignore the bubbling feeling inside him wherever HanByeol was near him or the pit forming in his stomach when he watched her getting close to any boys.

Eungyeol wasn't dumb, he could name those emotions very well and also be known to the cause of it. "Answer me" The pair kept playing with their steps back and forth, their bodies now just inches apart.

"I LIKE YOU, DAMNIT" Eungyeol's ears, face, everything was on fire after hearing those words. He was trying to provoke an answer out of her mouth but he didn't realise that her honest reply could make him go weak in the legs.

"W-what?" Rolling her eyes at his reaction, HanByeol sassily remarked. "Did a stutter?" Eungyeol couldn't meet her eyes, his face reddened with shyness and embarrassment. "Ahhhhhhh" HanByeol whined, "Say something. It's embarrassing" her voice toned down by the end pf the sentence, bashfulness catching upto her.

HanByeol didn't know why she had said it out loud but watching Eungyeol with Sekyung burned something inside her. "HanByeol-ah" With a single tug on her hand, Eungyeol pulled her closer to him resulting in the girl' eyes to widen.

"Y-yeah" the female meekly replied, her eyes wandering everywhere but his face. "Look at me" HanByeol felt the hair at the back of her neck stand as his voice lowered down an octave, deep and raspy. She didn't know how hot and sexy his voice could sound but how could she when they bickered or argued everytime they came across each other.

"You won't even look at me now?" Gathering up her courage, she finally gazed at him whose eyes were soft and endearingly watching her every move. "I won't regret what I'm about to do and I wish even you don't"

HanByeol couldn't comprehend what just happened. Ha Eungyeol had gently pressed his lips against her, slowly yet passionately. Resurfacing back from her initial surprise, HanByeol timidly kissed him back.

Feeling her kness get weaker as the seconds pass by, the female clung onto Eungyeol who snaked his arms around her waist, pulling her even closer if he could. The way Seo HanByeol would describe his lips were like snow; while he could name her as strawberries. Sweet and smelling like strawberries just like her lipbalm.

Softly grazing her fingers through his hair, HanByeol grunted in satisfaction. When they finally pulled away from each other, the teens were gasping for air. "Damn" HanByeol grinned at the boy who only gave her a smirk.

"Ha Eungyeol is all grown up" She teased but paused when he jerked her towards himself. "That kiss made you realise? Want a trip of realisation again?" This was a completely different side of Ha Eungyeol that she was witnessing for the very first time and who could deny that she was enjoying it to the very bits.

"Why did you proclaim that you like Choi Sekyung?" Sighing inaudibly, Eungyeol brought her into an embrace. "I need Yichan to get further away from Choi Sekyung or else everything would go down the drain and that's the only thing I thought of at that moment"

Laughing at his weird plan, HanByeol cupped his face and pecked his lips catching him off guard. "You're cute"

 "You're cute"