The Trick of the Gift

“Look over there. Those are all supermodels from Europe and America!” The man pointed in another direction and said, “And those women there are all new but outstanding supermodels from S Country.”

Shivam looked up at him with an utterly uninterested expression on his face. “When can we leave?”

“Are you so unwilling to stay here? I don’t get it. What kind of women do you like? You refused highly cultured ladies; you don’t like gentle and dignified female doctors; you are not interested in female elites; and you are not bothered to sneak a glance at even the famous actresses. At least one of these supermodels here should be able to attract your attention, right?”

Rudra asked, throwing his hands up in defeat. If it weren’t for Mrs. Pratap’s request, he wouldn’t have brought Shivam here to see all these women. In fact, he had no interest in being at this party, either.

In his eyes, it was better to stay at home and play video games. Why did he have to spend time with this iceberg instead?

Shivam was not interested in this party at all. The only reason why he hadn’t refused the invitation today was because of that woman who had been relentlessly lingering in his mind. He wanted to find a distraction to help him drive that woman out of his mind.

He opened his eyes leisurely and looked in the direction at which Rudra was pointing.

“What do you think? Aren’t they beautiful?” Rudra asked excitedly.

“They’re ordinary.”

“Well, is there anyone you like in particular?” Rudra asked curiously. “If there is, I will help you!”

At this moment, many of the supermodels standing in front felt a pair of eyes on them and turned around.

When they saw Shivam’s handsome face, they felt flattered and raised their glasses to him.

Some of them even ogled at him.

“They’re all ordinary women,” Shivam said casually with a slight shake of his head.

Rudra touched his forehead and sighed. “Well, I know that in your heart, the woman on your marriage certificate is the most beautiful woman in the world! No one can compete with her!”

Even now, he still couldn’t believe that his brother had a wife.

“Well, in that case, I might as well go home and play video games. Do you want to go back with me or do you want to stay for a few more minutes?”

Shivam was about to reply when he saw a familiar figure talking and laughing not far away.

It was the woman he had seen on the street today, but instead of that thick coat, she was wearing a long dress that outlined her extraordinarily graceful figure.

He paused.

Taken aback, Rudra looked in the direction of Shivam’s gaze, only to see several men chatting with glasses of wine in their hands.

Shivam looked away as if nothing had happened and said, “You can go back first. I’ll stay a little longer.”

After his brother left, Shivam sat down in a dark corner of the hall.

The woman had disappeared from his sight, but he waited patiently. As long as she was here, he would see her sooner or later, right?

Most of the judges at the banquet were from Europe and America.

They were all whispering amongst themselves, discussing their thoughts about the models present.

This party was a good chance for Isha, who had stayed in the United States for five years, to forge connections and make a good impression. She could speak fluent English, and barely communicated in other languages, so she was good at dealing with such a situation.

With a glass of wine in hand, she chatted with the others. When she had time to rest, she saw Manisha walking towards her in a hurry.

“Isha, you left in a hurry just now. I didn’t have the chance to give this to you!” Manisha handed an exquisitely-packaged box to her. “Our company has prepared this gift for every model who is attending this party. You can give it to any of the judges to express your gratitude and leave them a good impression of both you and our company.”

Isha took the box with a graceful smile. “Thank you, Manisha. I’ll go ahead, then.”

Looking at Isha’s receding figure, Manisha let out a sigh of relief.

She had no choice but to follow Himanshi’s orders. Isha had both the looks and the talent needed to become a successful model, so it would not be difficult for her to get selected.

Manisha had to nip her chance in the bud.

The box that she had given Isha just now actually contained a condom.

This was the annual fashion show of Orisa, a luxury lingerie brand. The show would be broadcast all over the world, so the selection of models was extremely strict.

All the judges of this show would be professional and ethical.

They would only choose the best models without any favoritism.

Therefore, when one of them received the special gift from Isha, they would exclude her from the list at once. She would not even get the chance to take the initial test.

As Isha walked away with the gift, something strange occurred to her. If this was a gift from the company, why didn’t each of the judges have one? Why could she only give one of them the gift? Wouldn’t she offend the other judges who didn’t receive any gifts?

Who on earth could she give this gift to? It was a really tricky situation!

She didn’t know what kind of person Manisha was yet, so she thought that it was best to be careful.

However, if she didn’t give this gift to anyone, it would be akin to offending Manisha, who was supposed to be her agent for the next year. It was not worth it.

While Isha was contemplating about how to deal with the gift, a familiar face swam into sight, and a glimmer of joy immediately flickered in her eyes.

The tall and strong man was wearing a well-tailored suit. From his profile, she could see his sharp and enchanting facial features. It was Shivam Pratap Singh, the man who had married her in a hurry five years ago!

She had never expected that she would run into him so easily by chance.

If she had known that he would be present at this party, she would not have chased after his car in the afternoon.

But how was he able to attend such a fancy party?

On second thought, though, Isha realized that it was common for drivers to attend such parties with their wealthy employers. The Pratap Group was one of the most famous and powerful groups in this City, so it was no surprise that Rudra Pratap, the young master of the Pratap family, had been invited to this party.

And if he was attending this party, then it was not strange for Shivam, his driver, to be at the party as well.

Perhaps because of his identity, Shivam just stood in the corner alone, with a glass of wine in his hand. He didn’t socialize with anyone, nor did anyone approach him to talk to him.

Isha borrowed a pen from a waiter and wrote her name and phone number on the gift box. Then, she sashayed towards Shivam.

When she arrived, Shivam just sat down.

“Hello, Mr. Pratap.” Isha stood in front of Shivam. A polite smile was plastered on her face.

Shivam raised his head to look at her. Even though he was sitting down, he still looked confident and domineering. Isha thought that his temperament must have become this way after working in the Pratap Group for so many years.

●●●●●●

I hope you guys like it. Do rate and comment your thoughts. See you. ❤️

●●●●●●