What She Could Get Was Not Justice!

At this moment, ILan restrained her anger. She intended to be lenient and gave Isha a chance to confess for Yuvraj’s sake.

She couldn’t help but regret that she gave up the opportunity to take a vacation today and went to work. As a result, her daughter had an accident. If something bad happened to Mini, she would regret it for the rest of her life.

ILan looked at Isha coldly. If Isha was really guilty of the crime, she would make sure that Isha would never appear in the entertainment industry in the future, let alone make it to the front cover of Shang.

Isha met ILan’s gaze. “Editor-in-chief, I understand how you feel. If something happens to the children, mothers would inevitably be so worried that it can mess up their thinking and judgment. But please, think about it. I’ve already been chosen to be on the front cover of Shang. Besides, my partner is Yuvraj. It can be said that I’m the biggest winner in the entire studio. Do I have to do some tricks like hurting Mini to get your gratitude and the public’s attention?”

ILan had become Shang’s editor-in-chief, so obviously, she was a smart woman.

As soon as she heard what Isha said, she suddenly became sober. Everyone had hidden motives for doing something. People might do bad things for their own gain. So what exactly did Isha have to achieve in doing this?

This time, ILan’s tone was not as cold as before, but she was still a little blunt when she said, “But still, this happened because of you. Isha, if someone hurt Mini because that person wanted to frame you, you can’t avoid the responsibility.”

“Editor-in-chief, I’ve noticed that there are no surveillance cameras in the studio. This allowed someone to take advantage of it. When the accident happened, everyone was busy shooting, so no one paid attention to Mini. But I remember that when Mini had an accident, LuLi was nearby, and a camera was set up not far away. Editor-in-chief, can we also ask LuLi some questions?” Isha had already figured out the situation at the scene.

Her calmness was so contagious that it also made ILan calm down. No matter what, ILan had to find the culprit to get justice for her daughter.

“Okay, I’ll ask LuLi to come here.” ILan made the decision promptly.

She had no intention of calling the police yet. Although she subconsciously thought that Isha was still suspicious, she wanted to give Isha a chance for the sake of Yuvraj.

Of course, Isha was also aware of this. She knew that Yuvraj had been a big help for her, and even ILan’s tolerance was because of him.

‘Yuvi Stone really deserves two hotpots,‘ she thought.

Before LuLi came in, she tried her best to calm down. She couldn’t show panic on her face.

Concealing her guilt, she asked, “Editor-in-chief, how is Mini now?”

“LuLi, you were there when the accident happened. What did you see?” ILan cut to the chase.

“I... I didn’t see anything. I was also shocked because it happened so suddenly.” Actually, LuLi wanted to say that she saw it with her own eyes when Isha pushed Mini to the swimming pool. But if she said that, she would make too many lies. She didn’t dare to continue making more mistakes because she was afraid that she couldn’t rationalize her dishonesty anymore. So she simply chose to play dumb.

She thought that her reaction now could increase suspicions on Isha.

ILan said lightly, “Then give me the memory card of your camera. Maybe it captured something, right?”

“I think my camera was not turned on at that time. But I can give you the memory card. Maybe you can find some clues.” LuLi quickly took out the memory card from her wallet and handed it to ILan decisively.

The more straightforward she behaved, the less suspicious she would be.

Anyway, she had deleted all the contents of the memory card and formatted it. She even scratched it severely with the key just now.

LuLi believed that it was impossible to restore the photos in this memory card, no matter how skilled the technician was.

So she put on a very relaxed smile and glanced out of the corner of her eye at Isha. The expression on her face seemed to be pronouncing Isha’s complete failure.

Actually, she didn’t have to deny that she had turned on the camera. There was no evidence to prove what she did, so Isha would always be the biggest suspect.

And Isha would also become a female artist mocked by the netizens.

Perhaps, today, she would witness the beginning of everyone’s resistance to Isha.

“Well, you can go out first. I will let you know if there is any news,” ILan said after taking the memory card from LuLi.

LuLi glanced at Isha again before she turned around and walked out of the office. She thought that Isha couldn’t appear on the front cover anymore because ILan had suspected her.

She knew that she also couldn’t appear on the front cover. But unlike Isha, at least, she could be featured on the inside pages.

ILan checked the content of the memory card, but it was empty.

She immediately asked an elite from Shang’s technical department to come over and check if there was anything on the memory card.

It was difficult for her to believe Isha, but she never believed LuLi either. She had been working in this industry for many years, and she learned to only believe in evidence.

Isha admired ILan’s character very much. Only a woman like ILan, who knew how to deal with work rationally, could stay in this position for a long time.

Being emotional could only work on family matters, not on major issues at work.

She especially admired ILan’s love and care for Mini. After such a big accident, many people would think that the little girl was just being delusional. But ILan firmly believed in what Mini said.

A mother like ILan reminded Isha of her own mother. Her mother always believed in her unconditionally and loved her just like the way ILan did to Mini at the moment.

But the best mother in the world for her was no longer there. Reminiscing the past made her eyes suddenly become moist.

ILan glanced at her and asked, “Do you feel guilty?”

“No.” Trying to hold back her tears, Isha raised her head. She would never tell anyone about her family.

It seemed that she could only reveal her true feelings naturally in front of Shivam. And only in front of him could she reveal her deep desire for trust.

The elite technician stood up and said in a low voice, “Editor-in-chief, I’m sorry. It seems that this memory card has been scratched by a key. I have no idea what photos have been here, and I can’t restore them.”

“Okay, you can go out now.” ILan pinched her glabella. Was that all?

Isha also frowned. “The memory card has been scratched by a key?”

Actually, ILan had started to side with Isha. The memory card that LuLi gave her had too many problems. What on earth caused these problems?

However, if she imposed this matter on LuLi without any evidence, what Isha could get was not justice but favor.

All of a sudden, Isha thought of someone. She said, “Editor-in-chief, if you don’t mind, I know a very powerful elite. I can ask him to fix the memory card.”

The person she had in mind was Abhay. She didn’t know if he could do it, but he was Gaurav’s student. Both Gaurav and Yuvraj had already told her that he had a super talent and outstanding ability.

It was just that she didn’t know much about technology, so she couldn’t estimate his real strength.