New Year, New Kid

Iwatodai Dorm

Everyone except Minako and Akihiko arrived at the Dorm after having a conversation with Ryoji. Makoto was still in shock about Ryoji's identity in the past.

"Ryoji... Pharos... Thanatos... It makes sense why I feel calm when he's with me..." Makoto thought.

"I can't believe that Ryoji is a Shadow..." Junpei said.

"But he didn't attack us... How come he can be an enemy?" Yukari asked.

"He said that we will confront Nyx on January 31st... So, we need to prepare for the battle." Mitsuru said and everyone nodded. Suddenly, Makoto noticed that his sister is not around.

"Wait... Where's Minako?" Makoto asked.

"I don't know... She was with us at the Moonlight Bridge by the time Ryoji talked to us." Yukari said.

"Where could she be?" Makoto thought.

Meanwhile...

Moonlight Bridge

Akihiko and Minako were having a conversation with Igor regarding Makoto's contract. Akihiko was in a state of shock while Minako knew that this will happen to her brother.

"I can't believe that he signed a contract to save the world in exchange of his lifespan..." Akihiko said.

"Indeed, Dear Prince..." Igor answered.

"Is there another way to change the contract? Like break the curse or something?" Akihiko asked.

"There is one... But it will cost someone's life to be ended as well..." Theodore replied. 

"But the contract should be fulfilled... We have no other choice but to follow the contract." Minako replied with tears in her eyes. So, Akihiko decided to comfort his wife.

"Does Yuki know about this contract?" Akihiko asked and Igor nodded.

"He is aware about his responsibilities, and he agreed to fulfill his contract, but it will cost his life to end." Elizabeth added.

"We should get going... Mako-nii's waiting for us..." Minako said.

"I agree. Well then, I bid you farewell for now." Igor said and the three left the Moonlight Bridge.

January 1, 2010

Iwatodai Dorm

Makoto, Shinjiro, and Akihiko were at the lounge having coffee while Koromaru is watching Makoto. Then, Ken arrived from upstairs and greeted them.

"Yuki-san! Shinjiro-san! Sanada-san! Happy New Year!" Ken greeted.

"Happy New Years to you too." Makoto replied and Shinjiro nodded.

"Happy New Year." Akihiko greeted and Koromaru barked. Then, Junpei arrived after hearing them greeting.

"Man... Is it just me or it's a new day... I'm still bored..." Junpei shrugs.

"It's already New Year and you're still sleeping?" Akihiko asked.

"Why don't we head to Naganaki Shrine? The girls are already there and they're wearing kimonos." Makoto said which made Junpei, Akihiko, and Ken blush.

"W-Well then, let's get going!" Junpei screamed and they left the dorm. Suddenly, Shinjiro held Makoto's hand which made them stop.

"Makoto, before we go, can I introduce you someone?" Shinjiro asked which made Makoto curious until the Minako's kids arrive along with a teen boy who has Makoto's hairstyle but with long hair, and Shinjiro's hair color.