3. Dinner

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Samarth

"Dad aap smjh kyu nhi rhe h, ye kitna khatarnak h uske liye. She's just a kid" Laksh bhaiya exclaimed. The guy has been riled up about her safety. 

"Laksh lower your voice,"  Dad said in his calm tone, "Talking about her security, you shouldn't be concerned about it. I have made the arrangements for that."

"Par Dad-"Laksh bhaiya was harshly cut off by Dad. In matters of Aadhira, Dad doesn't even listen to Mom, why is he even trying? This will only earn him a strict punishment for not going into the basement for a month or so.

"Enough Laksh, apni beti ka khayal kaise rkhna h mai jaanta hoon" Laksh bhaiya just huffed and stormed out of Dad's office. He's been grumpy since Aadhura's arrival. I know he doesn't wanna let her go now, that's why he's concerned about her safety. Even that's the case with me as well.

Dad had called an urgent meeting regarding Aadhira's arrival. Everyone is here except Mom, she is in the kitchen making Aadhira's favourite dishes. She is thrilled about her return. She doesn't want to give her any chance for complaints.

"Dad wo humari bhi behen h, aapko at least Laksh ki baat Sunni toh chahiye thi. " Aaditya bhaiya came forward for Laksh bhaiya's defense.

"Aaditya, I know what I am doing." Dad declared in an 'end of discussion tone. I told you he won't listen to anyone. Sometimes I feel that I am the only one with some brain cells here!

Even I felt hurt when my sister refused to acknowledge me as her 'bhaiyu'. I wished she called me that, it always provided me with an unknown peace. A serene feeling.

I wish she might someday again accept me as her 'bhaiyu'.
Her 'Shortie'.
                              -×-

Aadhira

I was just about to end my project file. Samarth came and called me for dinner. I told him, I was coming in 5 minutes. He looked like he wanted to wait but I told him that he could go.

He half-heartedly went away, closing the door. A smile appeared on my lips, he's still the same. That's why he's always been my favourite out of all of them. He used to be my cuddly bear.

So childish, it feels now. I practically hate cuddling now except with my pillow.

"You done?" Samarth came in again after exactly 5 minutes. I looked at him with an 'Are u kidding me' look. Did he wait for me?

I nodded and kept my laptop aside, not before closing it. Don't want anyone snooping around my things.

"Chale?" He forwarded his hand for me to hold. I was surprised at first but still composed myself. I opened the door fully and moved out, ignoring his hand.
I could practically sense him sulking. He walked with me, keeping his head down and the smile had already vanished from his face.

"Aapko wait krne ki zarurat nhi thi!" I said as we were walking downstairs. As I looked at him, I caught a smile forming on his lips as his eyes lightened up. A feeling of contentment took over my heart, I felt relieved.

But why? I should be happy that I was able to hurt him at least.

"It's okay Ira, tum kaafi time se aayi nhi yahan toh mujhe laga tum rasta bhool gyi hogi toh I just wanted to help," He said with a pale smile.