9. Cousins Over Brothers

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

As soon as the car stopped, it didn't even take Aadhira a minute to get out of it. The car ride was strangling for her. The awkward speechlessness only increased the already existing distances between them. No one had a word to convey to other.

Aditya sighed, a defeated one. No matter how much he tried, he again ended up hurting her, more himself. Her words felt right to him, maybe he wasn't a brother anymore to her wounded heart. He pressed his knuckles on the steering wheel until they turned white and his eyes red with the anger he constrained within himself.

The sister, whom coaxing into forgiving him during their childhood felt easy. Now even saying a word was problematic, to the extent that he became speechless. The Aditya Singh Rathore is defeated by his little sister's anger.- He thought to himself

He grabbed his wallet, watch, and car key, and unbuckled himself. As he walked out of the car he was surprised to see Aadhira waiting for him. To say his heart swelled with joy was an understatement. He suppressed a smile, contemplating that might be she is forgiving him.

His hopes shattered when she gave him a cold look asking," Why are we even here? Hum toh kahi aur jaane wale the na?"

Aditya instantly answered in a much softer tone, "Mom said someone is there to meet you. That's why I canceled the plan and brought you home directly."

Aadhira frowned at his statement, not even resisting her urge to ask, and spoke," Mujhse milne?" Aditya nodded innocently. Aadhira scoffed to herself, "Kamal h, kaun h Jiske pass itna khali time aa gya?"

"Andar chalke khud hi dekhlo"

She walked away before Aditya could ask her to go in together. Aditya gave her retreating figure a sad look before following her. It's an irony that once his little sister used to follow him everywhere but now he has to follow his grown-up sister around.

-×-

As they entered the living room, Aadhira's eyes widened seeing the person leaning on the doorframe waiting for her. The person looked at her and smirked, opening his arms wide, gesturing for her to hug him.

Aadhira didn't even wait for a second, she ran up to him and almost jumped on him. Aditya who was behind got concerned when he saw her running and started walking fast to let her not fall.

But when he saw that person caught her without any effort like he was used to it, he felt his heart burning with jealousy. Aadhira hugged him tightly clutching onto him, while the person was holding her close to his heart, like a baby. He wrapped his protective arms around her small frame.

"Bhaiya," Aadhira said kissing him on his cheeks, making Eshanth chuckle. He too returned by kissing her forehead and both cheeks. "Mera baccha" He put her down on her feet, parting from the hug. Ruffling her hair.

"Kisine mujhe miss kiya?" Eshanth asked with a mischievous smile on his charming face. Aadhira nodded," Kafi, I have a lot of gossip to tell you"

Eshanth laughed, "I missed you too, mera baccha" He kissed the crown of her head. "Andar chale? Kairav has been waiting to meet you for so long"

"Toh woh aapki tarah Bahar kyu nhi aaye?"Aadhira asked with a quirked brow, slinging her arm with her Eshanth bhaiya. Who tightened his hold on her. Both of them ignored the presence of Aditya.