8. Dada & Princess

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

Aadhira just trailed behind Aditya, closely following him. Aditya kept his side glance at Aadhira from time to time. Honestly, he was not very confident about the idea of bringing her here but he wanted to show his sister the empire he and his father created.

"Aur kitna chalna h?" A small smile crept on Aditya's face, his sister never liked walking. He put up his smirk before turning to his sister, "Bas thodi der aur Princess. If you want you can hold my hand."

He gradually forwarded his hand toward her to hold. He pulled his other hand behind his back, forming a cross by entangling his index finger upon his middle finger. Silently wishing for her to accept his offer and hold his hand. An involuntary habit of hers from her childhood.

Aadhira glared at him when he again referred to her as Princess but somehow she could not lash out at him for it. She shrugged it off and looked towards Aditya's patiently waiting hand and his impatient pleading eyes.

"Zarurat nhi h. Mai chal skti hoon" Aadhira moved ahead of Aditya, who sighed silently, he should have known his wish might never come true. Aadhira wasn't the same, why can't he just accept it, he mentally cursed himself.

Aadhira did not fail to notice his intertwined fingers while moving forward which was a practice she taught him as a kid. She internally smiled to herself thinking he still remembered it but immediately reminded herself that it did not matter to her if he did or not.

Aditya pushed the button for the lift to come down, scanning his Iris in the system. Aadhira walked in first while Aditya followed her. She leaned on the lift wall, hands in her jeans pocket. Giving her 'The Typical Aadhira Singh' look.

"Princess" Aditya started but he was immediately cut off by Aadhira," It's Aadhira for you"

He retorted immediately, "Mai Princess bulaunga, tumhe jo krna ho Krrr lena" Aadhira glared at him fiercely but he dismissed her, no doubt he had to defy the rude Aadhira to win his Princess back.

"Mai nhi darta apni Princess se" He smirked at her, poking the bridge of her nose with his finger, which she instantly slapped away.

"Oww, aise marte h apne dada ko" He asked with a fake stoic expression to which Aadhira looked away. How can one be so dramatic?- She thought to herself.

"Mere dada ussi din meri zindagi se chale gaye the jab unhone mujhe usss din ghar se jaane diya tha." Aadhira's voice was serious yet her heart replayed the scene in front of her. She always trusted her dada more than anyone in the family, she begged him to persuade her father to let her stay with them but he just pushed her away saying nasty things that still echoed in her ears and brought tears to her eyes.

Aditya was taken aback by her dialogue, he did not think that his sister would still hold on to the incident that happened years ago. The words he spoke to her years ago. For him, it languished away the day he said them but he did not expect that she would be still carrying them.

The lift button tinged indicating their floor's arrival. Aadhira moved out instantly not even bothering to shake Aditya out of his dazed state.

Seeing Aadhira's retreating figure, Aditya came out of his trance and immediately followed her, "Princess, mera woh mtlb-"

He was harshly cut off by Aadhira," Aap kuch aur keh rhe the Mr.Aditya". Aditya was not even a speck surprised by her address, this was the moment he understood there was a long way to go in seeking his sister's forgiveness. It was his hint to stop talking about this vulnerable topic.