34. Envy

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Harshil

I yawned as I walked through the empty hallway, heading towards my room. Today, was tiring. I am not complaining though but handling my sister's tears is in reality, a task for me.
I have never come to terms with them. I hate them.

Well I know, we as her family, have given her most reasons to cry. Yet every time seeing her crying breaks my heart, and realising that I'm one of the reasons for it shatters me apart. Being the reason for my sister's tears was the last thing I ever wanted. Yet it became the first.

I had someone to care for me, the one who accepted my affection when everyone else pushed it aside but who knew, I'd end up losing her at that moment. I missed her childhood and that hurts the most.

Honestly when Darsh mentioned Eshanth on the phone call, my blood boiled. Our cousins are a real definition of brats and thinking my Aadhira grew up with them is pure torture to my conscience. I never even wanted their shadows to fall on her. But unfortunately, they were the ones whom she grew up with.

Initially, before our Princess came into this world, we siblings were on subtle terms with our cousins. Even paying them visits was more often them. We got along well at that time. They were brats then also but still we were never less so it didn't affect our relationship much. But after her birth, everything changed.

The day Papa decided to hand over our little sister to Mama, the whole dynamics of our relationship changed between us. Not gonna lie, but all my siblings including me were always jealous of the fact that our own sister, who should be staying with us, stayed with them.

I am still jealous of the aspect that they got to see her childhood and not us. I ran a hand through my hair, as I felt the guilt seeping into my heart. I've always blamed fate for doing this to me and cursed it as if it was never my fault. I didn't know, just a hug could make me realise what we did to her.

That Eshanth is damn lucky! That my Ira considers him as her favourite. But today I gave up on all the sorrow and sadness the moment my darling wrapped her little arms around me.

Time seemed to stand still as I remembered the instance, my heart could still feel the presence of my Little Ira, who was crying her heart out, clinging onto me.

My eyes could find a glimpse of my little 8-year-old sister, who would come running to me, tears falling from her eyes, her voice trembling with pain, pleading with me to handle the situation for her and save her from it. I wish that month lasted for our whole lives.

I know my father was wrong, yet deep down in the roots of my heart, I can never blame him for everything. He had his own reasons to do so. To send the darling of his heart away from himself. And from us.

All these years, she was away from me, there wasn't a single moment I didn't think about her. I know Mama and Mami, heck even Eshanth and Kaurav must have protected her with their lives. "What if they hurt my little angel?" was the only thing I could think of. Though I know they won't even do this in their nightmares as well.

Not knowing, she already had someone who loved her better than us- her boyfriend- someone for whom she could even fight us- Darsh Kapadia. Although I hate him for taking away my sister's attention every time still I am thankful that he came into her life.

I can't deny the truth, can I? He's the one who made her smile, he's the one who always stood by her even when- us- her own family sent her away. He became my Ira's strength, he made her realise what life is about and most importantly, he loved her better than anyone else could.