19. Darsh's Sherni

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Aadhira

The voices around me grew louder as my head continued to feel heavier. The head had hit me hard and I could hear faint voices calling me out. Am I in heaven?- first thought to cross my mind.

I tried opening my eyes but it all felt blurry and almost invisible. I held my head with my palm on its side as it pained like hell. I hissed in pain, as the voices became clear.

"Ira, You fine?" I batted my eyelashes to shed away the blurry vision and focus on the figure in front of me. I ran my hands through my hair as my throat ached from the previous congestion.

I was kept up by two arms around my shoulders that helped me to sit on the bed. "Sherni..." As the words entered my ears, my eyes fell on those soft ones that were glistening with unshed tears. I saw I was holding his hand tightly while he reciprocated with the same strength.

"Darsh" I called out, but before he could answer, I was held into the grip two of strong arms, and a feeling of familiar warmth rushed through me unable to resist the hold. I looked to my side to see who actually hugged me only to find,

Papa

I didn't know why my mind called him that but I guess it was the warmth of the hug that had clouded my numb mind. I felt like... My papa had come back to me.

He had returned to his Ira.

It was no more Dev Singh Rathore but it was Papa sitting beside me, my eyes welled up at clashing thoughts.

"No, I couldn't call him that" I whispered lowly to myself, in my mind while keeping a head on his chest.

-×-

Author

The Rathores and Darsh were totally shocked seeing Dev hugging Aadhira and her not pushing him away. Dev kissed the side of Aadhira's head. "Mera baccha, kuch nhi hua tujhe"

Dev gently caressed her head, while Aadhira didn't reciprocate the hug but still kept her head on his chest with wide eyes. Aditya broke the silence as he noticed her welled-up tears, "Kya hua princess? Tu roo kyu rhi h? Kahin dard ho rha h kya?"

His voice was laced with mere concern for her. She looked at him but did not say anything, "Papa aap usse zyada zor se hug krrr rhe h. Usse Dard ho rha hoga" His words were true, Dev's grip was tight on her poor body.

Dev shook his head, "Usse dard hoga toh woh mujhe bolegi smjha Tu? Beech me mat kud. I am not leaving my daughter" He retorted to Aditya's sentence.

"You have left me long ago Mr. Rathore. Ab hug krke bhi kuch badalne nhi wala" Aadhira said composing herself, coming out from Dev's grip. She squeezed Darsh's hand as he helped her sit back down on the bed leaning on the headboard.

Dev was hurt by her words yet he did not showcase it. He has to keep trying to win his daughter back no matter even if he has to take in her harsh reality checks. "Tu kaisi h Aadhira?"

Shaurya asked from the edge of the bed, looking an ounce of concern. Aadhira nodded to his reply which he knew was all the reply he was getting from her. She looked around to find everyone except, Sakshi. Even Neel was standing there with a frown of worry on his face yet no sign of Sakshi.