14. Iru

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

Aadhira who was having her dinner was irked at her family who were continuously staring at her except Dev. She clanked the plate a few more times harsher to let them get a cue of her irritation yet it did not affect them in any way. She ran a hand through her hair, peeling it down to her face.

"Why the fuck are you guys gawking at me?" She spoke in outrage when their stares felt unbearable to her. She seethed through gritted teeth, "Kuch bolna h toh bolo wrna apni ullu jaisi aankhon se mujhe ghurna band kro"

"Tumhara ek boyfriend h!" Shaurya taunted making her groan. She was done with the topic for now. Dev had already been a great case to deal with and now these.

For a short duration but still she wished Sakshi was there. She knew she would handle it in a better way but alas she had a dress exhibition and wasn't at home leaving her with these interrogators. She cursed her stars for all the disarray.

"Agar h bhi toh apko kya?" Her blunt answer was found unclear and annoying by the brothers. Hearing about their sister having a 'Boyfriend' was enough to turn their overprotective brother mode on. Though they knew Darsh was a good guy, as per what they had heard about him still they wouldn't approve of her having a boyfriend even if she turned 80.

So therefore Before breaking Darsh's bone, They wanted to confirm with their sister that was Darsh actually her boyfriend. "Aadhira I need a proper answer." Aditya's stern voice was low yet firm enough to reveal the underlying seriousness in it.

"Wo baithe h na wahan pe aapke pitaji, unse hi puch lo" Aadhira smirked directing towards Dev who was busy having his meal. Not even taking a glance at the conversation going on. Aadhira's eyes furrowed when she did not get the expected reaction out of him, she thought he would lash out at her or at least look at her but he didn't.

He just kept his eyes on his meal, eating it like the others in the dining room did not exist. She remembered how he didn't even glance at her or order her around like usual, after the conversation in the office. His demeanor was different and his expressions were sullen. The typical smirk on his face was lost, yet it was displaced by the expressions of tiredness and defeat on his face.

Her eyes widened as she was internally sure that this wasn't the Dev Singh Rathore she knew. Where is that ordinary cold and arrogant Dev Singh Rathore?- a thought crossed her mind as a feeling of hurt and confusion settled in her heart seeing his changed attitude. She didn't know why she felt hurt but she did.

"Par you are too young for it. I don't want you to have a boyfriend right now" Parth whined, trying to keep his point. It was a fact, for them that no matter how much she grew up she would always be a baby, that they cherished with all their hearts.

Aadhira scoffed at the word 'want',

"Wo kya h na Parth" Aadhira turned her face towards them with a pale smile on her face, " Jo hum humesha chahte h wo zaruri nhi ki hume mile, 8 saal pehle mujhe nhi mila tha aur ab aap logo ko."

The mood in the room visibly stiffened at her statement, making everyone remember that horrible day. The day still haunts their memories and makes them grovel for Aadhira's forgiveness more and more. The guilt that silently seeped into their hearts at that moment had transformed into a tree of hatred in Aadhira's.