33. Future

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

As Harshil and Aadhira returned from their day out in the evening, they found their family already waiting for them at the dinner table. Everyone was present except Samarth. He was going to be late because of some work.

During the dinner, Aadhira's extra quiet demeanour nudged everyone. It was not like she usually had any conversations with them but still, they could sense something was different with her today.

Everyone except, Dev, Harshil and of course Aadhira, gave each other a look, urging each other to ask her. Yet nobody dared to do so knowing well how will Aadhira react to it.

Aditya made eye contact with his mother, eyeing her to ask her husband, who was too busy having his dinner to notice his surroundings.

Sakshi nudged Dev's elbow a little but getting no response, she hit his elbow hard with her own. Dev hissed in pain, giving a confused yet annoyed look to his wife, "Kya h?", He spoke in a low voice with a tinge of irritation lacing its end. Sakshi gestured towards Aadhira making Dev furrow his eyebrows.

"Dekhiye na Aaj kuch zyada hi shaant nhi lag rhi wo? I am very sure Dev pkka kuch gadbad h. Aap ek baar puchiye na usse" Sakshi said in the same leveled voice, urging her husband to take the matter in his hands. The quietness in Aadhira's demeanour worried everyone.

Dev subtly nodded, clearing his throat to gain everyone's attention. "Aadhira", Dev called out when everyone turned towards him except his own daughter, who did not oblige to spare him a glance.

Dev shook his head and again tried to initiate a conversation but Harshil gestured for him not to disturb her gaining frowns from everyone.

During their day out Aadhira had shared with him how bad her mood swings can be and he did not want anyone to disturb his sister when she wasn't in a good mood.

He had decided that even if he stood a single chance to be back in his sister's good books, he was not gonna waste it. He'll care for his sister through every thick and thin, cutting out the memories of the time they couldn't spend together.

Before Harshil could say anything, Neel spoke up from his seat," Aadhira! Papa kuch bol rhe h". He said in a stern tone ignoring Harshil's gesture, who clearly told him to stop.

Aadhira, on the other hand, was trying her best to keep her calm yet her internal hormonal interactions were proving futile in front of her efforts. Usually, she would've ignored anyone easily but right now it was out of the question, "Sunai de rha h. Aapko vakalat krne ki zarurat nhi h". She said taking a subtle long breath to stop herself from initiating an awaiting fight.

Harshil's eyes widened as he tried to keep his younger brother's mouth shut yet the latter's jaw clenched as he glared fiercely at his bratty sister, "Agar itna nhi sunai de rha toh jawab Dene me tumhari zubaan toh nhi hi kat rhi hogi"

"Neel!" Harshil said in a loud warning voice which had no effect on his younger brother, who had his eyes already on Aadhira. Aadhira took a deep breath as she clanked the spoon on her glass plate, finally looking up at her elder brother fiercely.

Silence spread through the dining hall as the eyes fixed on the glaring session between Neel and Aadhira. The annoyance was clear on Aadhira's face as she looked at her brother who was testing her patience without any reason.

Neel, on the other hand, had a rough day at work and unknowingly the situation in the dining hall became a source for him to vent out his pent-up anger. Aadhira's lack of conversation gave him yet another reason to vent his anger.