17. Naive

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

"What?" Aadhira snickered at him in a bored tone, clearly indicating that she wasn't in the mood to talk. Her tone was only fuel to Dev's riled-up anger. He took long striding steps toward her with palms clenched into fists.

"Ek toh glti krti ho upar se aise baat krne ki akad bhi rkhti ho?" His sentence was more of a taunt which made Aadhira realize the reason behind Ruchi's never going smirk.

"Ab kaunsi ghutti pilayi aapki bhanji ne?" Aadhira smirked leaning back at the wall near her with crossed hands. She knew no matter how much of a hero Dev Singh Rathore thinks of himself, he will always remain a puppet in the hands of Menka.

"Mamaji" Ruchi whined, in her baby tone making others except Dev wince at it. Aadhira made a disgusted face looking away from her, Aankho me chubti h yrrr ye- she thought to herself.

"Ruchi ko kuch mat bolo tum-," Dev warned Aadhira with his index finger pointed towards her, making Ruchi's smirk widen. Aadhira just waved it off knowing what was coming next, her glance went onto the file in Dev's hand.

"Khushi manao sirf bol hi rhi hoon, kyunki iski harkaton pe gyi toh ye zinda nhi bachegi" Aadhira snarled, matching Dev's glare.

"Aadhira tum mujhe itna hate kyu krti ho?" Ruchi made a sad pout, trying to look cute while Dev's eyes softened glimpsing at her. He gently caressed the back of her hair and turned his glare back to Aadhira.

"Apni harkatein dekhi h tumne kabhi?" Aadhira asked sarcastically to Ruchi, "Nhi Dekhi toh dekhlo kyunki I am sure wo pyaar krne layak to bilkul nhi h."Shaurya chuckled from the back earning a whack from Neel. Dev's glare intensified at Aadhira while he clenched and unclenched his fists in anger.

"Aur waise tumhe isss aandhe aadmi ke ilawa koi pyaar Krrr bhi nhi skta" Aadhira added looking bored at Dev who just looked at her dangerously.

"Aadhira do not cross your line-" Aadhira interrupted Dev in between of his sentence "There's no line I can't cross Mr. Rathore", she replied raising her voice. Her voice boomed silencing the whole room, most of them flinched at the intensity of her radiating rage.

Dev scowled at her, while Ruchi side hugged him and he just kept a hand around her, Aadhira rolled her eyes at the drama queen, "Ayy suno, apna ye mama bhanji milap baad me krna aur jldi btao ki mera time waste krne ka kasht kyu kra h?"

"Mujhe tumhare fraud ke baare me sab pta chal gya h Aadhira" Dev barked at her keeping the file in her hand," Ruchi ne mujhe sab bta diya h"

Aadhira raised her eyebrow at the file remembering where she had seen it earlier and a smirk spread on her lips discovering the mistake Ruchi made. Of course, Darsh was smarter than that shitty Menka.

"Fraud? aapki company toh waise hi dub rhi h. Kuch bacha kahan h aapke paas khone ke liye?" Aadhira smirked at Dev's annoyed face. She has just thrown the truth at his face wrapped in sarcasm. It was true that the Rathore empire was near decline. That was the reason Laksh came into the picture to help when his father and brothers to share the load.

It was also the sole reason why Rathores joined hands with their biggest business rivals, the Kapadias.

"Dad-" Aditya tried interfering but Dev glared at him making him shut. Aditya sighed, he just passed an apologetic look to Aadhira who was busy going through the file. I am sorry Aadhira-He apologised to her mentally.