21. Partner

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

"Kha le na Ira" Shaurya whined holding the plate of food in front of Aadhira who was busy on her phone texting someone.

"Arrey kyu sir par khade ho kha lungi mai baad me," She said in a frustrated tone to Shaurya who was believing a word she said. She was always on a cold war with green veggies since childhood and now her unwellness was another excuse. She irked at him," Rkh jao"

This sentence made Shaurya figure out that she wasn't gonna follow any of her previously said words and that the food might be found the successive day adorning the dustbin. "Mai jaanta hoon tu nhi khayegi"

He shook his head, his baby sister still needed to be treated like a baby or the spoiled princess she was according to him. The one-year age gap between them wasn't even significant sometimes, "Kha lungi". Her tone was dry making him groan in irritation.

It was her childhood habit to make the whole house dance to her tunes whenever she was sick. Her tantrums regarding everything were never-ending. "Pinky promise" Shaurya forwarded his little finger in front of her making her brows furrowed. Is this guy for real?- Aadhira thought to herself.

She looked at his finger and then at him simultaneously, but after a glance, she narrowed her eyes at him, "Bade ho jao thoda"

A pool of tears welled up in Shaurya's eyes as he looked away wiping them before they betrayed his egoistic bad boy demeanor. A flashback resurfaced itself at her remark.

Flashback

"Partner" An 8-year-old Aadhira ran to her 9-year-old younger brother who was too busy in his video games to even look at her.

"Partner"

She again called him out, finally making him look at her. Shaurya immediately abandoned his video game, throwing it to the side of the bean bag and scooping his little sister in his arms, "Yes, Partner"

Though they were only one year apart yet the height differences were notable between the youngest pair of siblings, "Dekho mai aapke liye kya layi"

Aadhira said in her babyish voice which was only reserved for her brothers, "Flower". Shaurya took the flower in his hand with much carefulness. It was a rose flower.

"Partner, ye aapko kaha se mila?" Shaurya asked his sister with furrowed eyes, he dreaded the thought of even finding his baby sister going between those thorny plants.

"Garden se, pta h wahan pe na ek bada sa keeda bhi tha but maine usko Bhaga diya" Aadhira informed her elder brother while clapping her hands in enthusiasm.

"What? Aapko kahin lagi toh nhi na partner?" Shaurya's eyes widened with panic in his voice as he checked his sister for any possible injuries" Kitni baar mana kiya h mat jao wahan! Par tum sunti hi nhi ho. Abhi lag jaati toh? Mai kaise aata tumhe bachane?"

Shaurya scolded her in a stern voice but his heart instantly melted as he saw his partner's sulked mood. He kissed her cheek turning her face to himself as she spoke with her eyes not meeting his, "I am sorry partner".

Shaurya immediately understood that something was off," What happened partner?" His eyes laced with concern as he made his sister look at him, "Is something disturbing my little flower?"

"Maine na Sheena aur Ruchi ko suna tha ki wo aapko flower deke aapke favourite banna chahte h toh maine socha ki kyu na mai hi bann jaun aapko sabse sundar flower deke" Aadhira spoke with utmost innocence in her voice which made Shaurya want to melt into a puddle.