22. Fountain

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Author

Aadhira blinked her eyes, waking up to a mild headache. She looked around to find herself in her room, she lightly nudged the side of her forehead to ease the growing headache.

She groaned lightly but was shocked to find someone lying on the couch of her room, sleeping peacefully. She didn't expect to see that person early in the morning that too in her room. He must have entered when the medicines took a toll on her pushing her into a deep slumber. The person was none other than,

Dev Singh Rathore

"Ye yahan kya krrr rhe h?"

She rubbed her eyes forcefully to clear her vision or break the dream if she was seeing one. She silently got out of bed without making any noise, pulling the IV off her hand. She tiptoed towards him, trying to get a clear picture of him.

Her heart unknowingly warmed at the sight of her father sleeping peacefully, looking no less than an innocent child. Still, the cold annoyed look doesn't leave her face. In all those years, what she knew best was how to mask her feelings.

She noticed that he had no blanket on himself, so she immediately got one and blanketed him. She too was stunned at her action yet ignored it.

She knelt a little down in the process, gently caressing his hair," Isss bholi shakal ko dekh ke toh koi bhi maat kha jaaye, mai toh phir bhi Bacchi thi." She said to herself feeling disgusted at her own words.

A part of her wanted to embrace her father's efforts and forgive every bit of his mistakes. Yet there was another part of her that wanted to push him as away as she could.

She always hated the soft side of hers, the 8-year-old self, which always needed her Papa to embrace her like normal children. Still, she held herself knowing she couldn't ever hug him without any grudges. A lone tear made it's way down her cheek.

"No matter what you do Mr.Rathore my heart will never be convinced enough to forgive you" She reminded more herself than the sleeping figure in front of her," Ab chahe aap isss couch par soye ya isss zameen par."

She got up, leaving the room when her phone rang. A smile made its way on her face seeing the caller I'd flashing Bhaiya

"Good morning mera baccha, kaisa h ab?"Came Eshanth's gentle voice through the phone making Aadhira's smile widen. Her day couldn't start any better hearing the voice of her favourite person.

Already her father's face had managed to ruin both her morning and mood. She kept up her stern voice,"Bilkul thik nhi h aur na hi aapse baat krr rha h". Eshanth frowned at her words, he knew why his little sister was upset with him.

"Sorry mera baccha, bhaiya ko maaf krde" He spoke in the most innocent voice that even made Aadhira's heart melt. Her bhaiya had his own tricks to calm his sister. "I missed you" she almost whispered to herself, remembering her brother's comforting embrace.

A pout formed on her lips when she heard his next words, "I miss you more baccha. I wish I could be there but I promise once we return, I'll surely not leave you alone"

"When are you returning?" She asked bringing the phone closer to her ears and leaning on the nearby wall. He gruffed speaking, "Tere bhaiyon be itna bada kaam nhi diya hota toh kabka aa gya hota par Tu chill krrr jldi aaunga"