11. Dev & Ira

Radhe Radhe readers💙🦚✨,

Aditya

I have been sitting here watching these two bicker for over half an hour now. I tried keeping myself busy on my phone but always a conversation regarding my sister piqued my interest.

"Bhai hum 'The hill house' dekhenge next time" My Princess whined, giving her puppy eyes to that bastard, Kairav. Recently I discovered that my sister has a never-ending love for horror films which I don't feel right. If it was in my hands I wouldn't have let her watch that...she might get nightmares you know.

I was stunned by this revelation would be an understatement because as a kid she always loved Disney movies. She loathed horror. She used to always sit beside me and bury her head in my chest, just to avoid the glimpse of the ghost. When did my Princess change so much?

I miss our talks and her childish habits. The house felt emptier without her. Letting her go was a mistake, and I regret not doing anything more to keep her close. I regret not persuading our father more, just I let her stay with us.

"Nhi Ira, hum 'The Nun 2' dekhenge. Wo zyada behtar h" He replied making her mood sullen. I just don't understand why can't he watch what my Princess is asking him. 

Learning the facts about my sister's persistent hatred for custard has left an impression of guilt on me. I should've known that. Something so minute yet important about her should've been known by me. I might have been a good brother to my other siblings, but to my sister, I failed. I failed as her dada.

The one whom she trusted with all her heart. I guess I am already being punished for that. The feeling of failing is already eating me up. It is the second time I felt it and it's still the same.

The first was when I obliged my father's decision and let her go away from me, even saying those atrocious words that I shouldn't have. I thought she might have forgotten it but who was I to even think that? She remembers all. She remembers every word I said. I am sorry Princess. I wish I could say that to you aloud.

I made mistakes, thinking we all had all the time in the world. But with her gone, I realized how much of a void it left in the family. Now I can't do anything but regret not being a better brother to her, when I had a chance. She was our light in this darkness and we did nothing but push her into that darkness.

But now I have decided that I won't let her go anywhere, even if it means going against my own father. Though I know he wouldn't even do so either, after all, she was his Princess too. He won't admit but to be honest, he surely loves her the most.

Even for once but I still felt extremely lucky today. It was the day I had wished for years, just to spend some time with my Princess. Though I got to know how much she had changed, the distances could be felt, my naive and immature Princess was replaced by a mature yet rude Aadhira, yet I ought to wait for the day when she'll say, 'It's Princess for you'.

The days she calls me 'dada ' again.  The day I will become her ' dada ' again. The day we become the famous 'dada and princess ' duo again. I'll wait for her forgiveness even if it takes my life. I'll wait for The sister, I missed to give me another chance.

-×-

Author

Aadhira pulled Eshanth and Kairav by her side with her both hands, making them chuckle at their sister's behaviour. "Inko yahin chhod dijiye, jaiye aap dono" Gesturing her Mamishri and Mamshri to leave.