Chapter 4: Miracles Happen

Be sure to check out Greed! On my profile !!

If you'd like to own this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Girl-That-Didnt-Explode-Bliss-ebook/dp/B075R5QC8C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512249948&sr=8-2&keywords=veronica+soliman

HAPPY READING!

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I lay on the carpet for a couple more minutes before deciding I have to get up and go to my new school.

Hillview Highschool. Like in my dream.

I went to the bathroom and washed my mouth out with listerine. I hope my parents have some time between doing the nasty to actually furnish the house, and put a toothbrush in my bathroom.

I walked downstairs to see them on the kitchen island kissing. Don't they ever get tired of this? They're both 40 now, so they shouldn't have this much energy in them.

I stepped out the door with a phone in my hand, the school was about a mile from here. I skipped breakfast and walked out the door.

"Turn left in 100 yards." My phone's GPS said.

I walked on the flat pavement, staring at my phone.

"Hey, Kylie right?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I tried to ignore him and kept walking. But that wasn't about to stop him. Just like my dream, except in my dream I was actually social.

"Actually, my name is Pure." I said, turning around to look at intense brown eyes. My heart skipped a beat. I've never felt anything like this before.

"Yeah, I agree, Kylie sounds like a pure name." Christian chuckled, now walking beside me. He had his Jansport backpack hanging loosely on one shoulder, a beanie on his perfectly tousled brown hair. He was radiant in his striped blue shirt and really hot jeans.

I mean, not that I was checking him out or anything.

"No, Christian, my name is Pure, not Kylie." I said, a look of worry on my face.

"But your mom called you. . ." He stopped himself from saying another word, maybe something on my face spoke to him. He scratched the back of his head as he kept walking beside me. "So, uh, do you like your new house?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's ok." I smiled down at the ground because I knew if I looked him in the eye, my face would turn into 50 shades of Red. I snickered at my own dumb joke.

"I didn't think my dogs running away was that funny Pure." He said, and then I realized that I had completely blocked him out. I hadn't been paying attention to a word he was saying. Holy eggyoke, if I keep blocking things out, there's no way I will ever make any friends.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, I knew for sure my face had gone tomato.

"No, it's cool, they came back a week later anyway."

"That's great!" I smiled at him, actually allowing myself to witness the beauty that was Christian.

"Oh, holy shit!" He yelled, "We're late!" He grabbed my hand, sending tingles on the area he touched, and pulled me into the school.

"Wait, I don't have my schedule." I said as he let go of my hand and brought his hand to the back of his neck.

"Oh, I'm sorry Pure, do you want me to walk you to the office? I have to get a late pass anyway." A smirk appeared on his face.

This boy was very different from the other boys I've ever met. He seemed friendly but had an edge to him that I wished I could see more of.

"Yes, please." I smiled at him again, trying to show my gratitude, as he walked toward the office.